Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

new to freebox, have a few issues/questions

Started by lanceuppercut, December 04, 2008, 02:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lanceuppercut

just downloaded the demo (latest v4 version on the front page) and from what little i've used of it, i'm very impressed by what it offers but i have a few questions to problems i need answering before buying the full version.

- the slider bar on the left side, it doesnt seem to do anything?  the only thing i can get it to do is if i click on let it spin and it brings up the random albums then if i need to go back to the default view, i can drag the slider to the top which is # iirc, then it will reset the view.  selecting a letter seems to do nothing.

- can the "let it spin" button show random songs, instead of what seems to be random albums?

- are there any 1280x1024 skins available? 

- is there a way to change the font to autofit the fields or make the text autoscroll?  i loaded up a few albums on the demo to get a feel for how the program works and what i can/cant do it with it.  it was having major problems displaying long artist/album names, for example when selecting the album: "Presidents of the United States of America - President of the United States of America", the bottom left where it shows what you're looking at, it cuts off a lot of the info.  the same goes for songs with long names, it just cuts them off.

- the get cover in the config prog didnt seem to work well, but i managed to get a cover downloader linked somewhere from these forums, but does this work for anyone else?

- when random play is enabled, when i open the app it randomly plays a song as it should, however it displays "no song" in the details, if i skip the song or let it play through, the next song correctly displays the song info.

any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Barcrest

Quote from: lanceuppercut on December 04, 2008, 02:11:23 PM
just downloaded the demo (latest v4 version on the front page) and from what little i've used of it, i'm very impressed by what it offers but i have a few questions to problems i need answering before buying the full version.

- the slider bar on the left side, it doesnt seem to do anything?  the only thing i can get it to do is if i click on let it spin and it brings up the random albums then if i need to go back to the default view, i can drag the slider to the top which is # iirc, then it will reset the view.  selecting a letter seems to do nothing.

You slide the bar and it will jump to the artists starting with that letter. If it appears to do nothing it's because you don't have any artists begging with that letter.

Quote- can the "let it spin" button show random songs, instead of what seems to be random albums?

There are plans to run the jukebox in a singles mode where each of the covers is linked to just one track, spin on this will then be showing singles.

Quote- are there any 1280x1024 skins available? 

There is the newly released christmas skin, that is the only skin of that resolution right now.

Quote- is there a way to change the font to autofit the fields or make the text autoscroll?  i loaded up a few albums on the demo to get a feel for how the program works and what i can/cant do it with it.  it was having major problems displaying long artist/album names, for example when selecting the album: "Presidents of the United States of America - President of the United States of America", the bottom left where it shows what you're looking at, it cuts off a lot of the info.  the same goes for songs with long names, it just cuts them off.

You can alter the skin.

Quote- the get cover in the config prog didnt seem to work well, but i managed to get a cover downloader linked somewhere from these forums, but does this work for anyone else?

It works for me, but there are far better alternatives out there.

Quote- when random play is enabled, when i open the app it randomly plays a song as it should, however it displays "no song" in the details, if i skip the song or let it play through, the next song correctly displays the song info.

This is a bug, it will be fixed.

any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
[/quote]
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

lanceuppercut

Quote from: Barcrest on December 04, 2008, 03:41:22 PM
You slide the bar and it will jump to the artists starting with that letter. If it appears to do nothing it's because you don't have any artists begging with that letter.
i scrolled down to "P" to look for the aforementioned presidents album, but it still showed all my albums i even tried T, thinking the program might be looking at the "The" bit but all the albums still showed.

QuoteThere are plans to run the jukebox in a singles mode where each of the covers is linked to just one track, spin on this will then be showing singles.
ah cool, an option to have it randomise singles would be very good indeed.

QuoteYou can alter the skin.
is there any tutorial which shows me what/where to edit?

if i get the full version, will i get access to all updates in future, even if you go to a different version? (ie, going from v3 to v4)

also is there a way i can reset the most played and history?

Barcrest

To reset the most played and history you will need to manually delete those files. I could add the option to do this from the options section.

V4, is a pay for V4 get only V4 and earlier versions. Everyone who has paid for commercial use gets access to all versions including betas. At $25 it's not a great deal for me to offer upgrades for ever and a day. I do offer bug fixed versions of the same version but once a lot of new things are added and i change the version then i have to try and recoup some of that time invested back. When i went from V3 to V4 i did offer a limited upgrade period for $10.

Jukebox Stats...

lanceuppercut

having on option to delete the history etc wouldnt be high on the list of reasons not to get the full version but the issue i'm having with slider bar not working is kind of worrying.

how often do you go up to different versions, thus making a v4 purchase outdated?

eist1

It sounds like you might have an issue with your ID3 Tags... If the slider was not working correctly, I'd imagine the forum would be filled with the slider issue. Try and take a few albums and put them in a test folder and verify the tags with Tag and Rename (or similar program), and verify they are ID3 V2 then delete your library (records.cvr and records.rec in the Freebox V4 folder) and rebuild it using the test folder. See if you get any better results.

lanceuppercut

Quote from: eist1 on December 04, 2008, 06:41:08 PM
It sounds like you might have an issue with your ID3 Tags... If the slider was not working correctly, I'd imagine the forum would be filled with the slider issue. Try and take a few albums and put them in a test folder and verify the tags with Tag and Rename (or similar program), and verify they are ID3 V2 then delete your library (records.cvr and records.rec in the Freebox V4 folder) and rebuild it using the test folder. See if you get any better results.
i'll try tag and rename tonight and give it a whirl, i really hope it works as this app ticks exactly the right buttons for what i'm looking for in a jukebox app!

Barcrest

Make sure they are ID3V2 Tags. However if you can see the correct artist names on the album view screen then the slider should be working.

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

As you can tell Barcrest is all over it when it comes to fixing bugs. ;)
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

lanceuppercut

downloaded the trial, which should work as the full version (with a 10 song limit), anyhow i ran it through that or assume i've done that as the freebox config shows ID3V2 tags, as it did before.

and as before scrolling down the bar does nothing.  dragged the list to K, where i have a kaiser chiefs album, nothing, still displays all the albums.

edit: woohoo, reinstalled it and it worked!

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

lanceuppercut

just so i have it right, the slider bar just scrolls down to the letter and doesnt filter the selection to the current letter?  as i think thats something i was thinking it did..

is there a way to get back to the "top level"?  case in point, i select genre then an artist and pick a song, but i can see no quick and easy way (other than genre/artist/all artists) to get it to display all the albums again, is there a "home" button or feature somewhere i'm missing?

Barcrest

Click the audio tab (At the bottom on the BnB Skin) to return to the unfiltered audio, likewise with video and karaoke.

Jukebox Stats...

lanceuppercut

ah right thanks.  i disabled those 3 buttons as because i only intend to use it for audio, i thought it was pointless to have them there, never knew they acted as a home button.

any chance of a dedicated "home/main menu" button which does the same as clicking on the audio button so if you're in audio, it takes you to the top level audio, then the same for video etc?

Barcrest

Quote from: lanceuppercut on December 05, 2008, 03:21:53 PM
ah right thanks.  i disabled those 3 buttons as because i only intend to use it for audio, i thought it was pointless to have them there, never knew they acted as a home button.

any chance of a dedicated "home/main menu" button which does the same as clicking on the audio button so if you're in audio, it takes you to the top level audio, then the same for video etc?

The three buttons i told you about do that. No point duplicating what is already there.

Jukebox Stats...