Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Updating database and starting freebox through commandline

Started by Novalak, January 08, 2009, 05:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novalak

Hey Guys

I am able to set the config to update the database but it does not launch freebox

Am i doing something wrong?

C:\Program Files\Freebox V4\Config 4.exe /UPDATE records /LAUNCH

Barcrest

Check you have the correct path for the launch... I just checked it and the command line you specified should work.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Novalak

ok i think ive worked out why is doesnt work

it updates perfect but when it goes to launch, it says path not found

Now...

ive updates config.ini to have C:\Program Files\Freebox V4\freebox4.exe

BUT when it does a command update, i can see the path saying C:\Program Files\Freebox V4\freebox.exe which obviously isnt found

it doesnt seem to use to config.ini when run from a command

Barcrest

C:\Program Files\Freebox V4\freebox.exe

Is the old default command line. Are you using the latest config?

Anyway you can add the path after the launch statement...

C:\Program Files\Freebox V4\Config 4.exe /UPDATE records /LAUNCH C:\Program Files\Freebox V4\freebox4.exe

Try that and it should work.

Jukebox Stats...

Novalak

nope still doesnt

this is annoying me now lol

everything is installed in default location...am i being an idiot or is there something wrong

i have the latest build installed...

Barcrest

Well using the command line i specified above, do you see the correct path appear in the config while it is updating?

Jukebox Stats...

Novalak

no it doesnt, while its updating still has the wrong path even though i use the command you gave me

C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP>"C:\Program Files\Freebox V4\Config 4.exe" /UPDAT
E records /LAUNCH C:\Program Files\Freebox V4\freebox4.exe

... and its the latest build (B10)

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

allroy

I'm having some issues with this as well.  Finally getting around to setting up a script that robocopy's all my stuff to the C drive then Updates the library.

According to "config 4" /? the available switches are:
/LAUNCH         Launch Freebox on completion, or specify a path to another app to launch
/HTML            Turns on HTML Generation
/NAMESWAP    Swaps (THE) Around to the back of the name
/GENRE           Turns on the Genre Shortcuts creation
/DRIVE Path     Sets the path to use to make the library
/NEW type       Generates a new database.  Type is either Records Video or Karaoke
/UPDATE type   Genereates a new database.  Type is either Records Video or Karaoke

There are a few boxes I'd like to check that there don't seem to be options for....the most important being "use Album Name on Compilations".  Also...just nit-picking here, but if update and New both generate a new database, ...why have 2 options?

I've tried doing just a /UPDATE records, but it doesn't seem to work right.

anyone have a good quick something they've written up that's working?

also, just like Novalak I can't get it to launch with just "/Launch" or "/LAUNCH C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\Etouch5.exe"

It seems like just doing a "config 4" /UPDATE records would use the settings saved in the ini, but it doesn't.

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

fordman

I cant get the commandline to work, but I can get this batch file to work. I did have to name change the config 4.exe to config4.exe (remove the space between config_4). Also, I cant get the /LAUNCH to work with or without the etouch.exe file path.

Begining of batch file

START /d "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox" Config4.exe /DRIVE c:\Music /NEW records /UPDATE records
START /wait /d "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox" etouch5.exe
EXIT

End of batch file

The only drawback is that the config4.exe still runs in the background while e-Touch.exe runs.

But, when I click on the config4.exe desktop shortcut, it opens config4.exe and the 'Run When Completed' is already checked, but from the batch file, it isnt. Weird  ??? This would take care of the config4.exe running in the background and I wouldnt need the second START line in the batch file.

But the batch file work great as far as updating! I'm going to do more testing later!

Hope this helps for now  :beer

Fordman

allroy

fordman, for some reason running your command line totally horked my database.  no big deal but i have tons of entries for the same albums all over the place. 

just reporting my findings.

fordman

After I got home and tested on a much bigger song database, It's not so much of a cure all  :downer

So I just did it with the first line in the batch file

START /d "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox" Config4.exe /DRIVE c:\Music /NEW records /UPDATE records

And that seemed to update the records just fine.

Then I started etouch on its own and the new additions and deletions where shown without issue.

I still can figure out why the 'Run when Completed' wont stay checked when I use the batch file Vs just clicking on the desktop shortcut.  ???  ???

I will play around more with this later tonite!

Fordman

fordman

Quote from: allroy on June 15, 2009, 05:16:28 PM
fordman, for some reason running your command line totally horked my database.  no big deal but i have tons of entries for the same albums all over the place. 

just reporting my findings.

Allroy,

Did you change the batchfile in the line 'START /d "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox" Config4.exe /DRIVE c:\Music /NEW records /UPDATE records' c:\Music to where you store your music? I did forget to mention that earlier  :tommy.

Fordman

allroy

yeah man.  I changed everything applicable to mine.  also, instead of renaming your file "config4.exe" you could have just called:
"C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\Config 4.exe"

just out of curiosity, and also in the post I made earlier I asked, why are you using /NEW and /UPDATE if they both do the same thing?