Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Runtime errors and problems

Started by ScAtMaN, September 29, 2008, 05:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScAtMaN

Hi everyone

I am currently building a touch screen driven jukebox for my bar and have just discovered Freebox, so far I like it and see great potential.
Unfortunately I have been having a few issues with the program, the most noticeable is the fact I have almost no cover art, I have posted about it here http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=939.0 as I believe it is related.

The more serious issues are that I have been getting a lot of runtime errors, mostly 'Runtime error 76 Path not found'  This occurs often when I am using the quick letter jump slider but can appear fairly randomly in different parts of the program, such as on the download album button.  I have also had a error 52 there 'bad file name or number'. I have tried the program on 2 different machines with the same problems so it could be something it dont like about my collection.
I have some 10000 tracks in my collection, mostly ripped by WMP and sorted into Artist-Album-Tracks.
The music folder is shared by a mapped drive.

The other thing I have noticed is that the more arrows only seem to go forward one screen.  I would expect them to allow you to page through the whole collection, is this another bug?

Any help in resolving these issues would be great as it's the best interface I have seen and would really like to get it working.

Steve

eist1

It sounds like your Database may be corrupted. Try going into the Program Files\Freebox V4\ and delete records.rec and records.cvr files. You can also delete the Genres, Years and Artist folders. Then open the Config 4 program and regenerate your library. Also, what version are you running. Make sure you have a .jpg in each album folder and in the Options page under Appearance Settings choose use 1st image found. See if this will soilve some of your problems.

Thunderball

If you've used WMP to rip your music, then the "folder.jpg" cover image in each album's directory is a hidden file (discussed in another thread here recently). I think you could open a command prompt, and use something like

attrib -s -h "C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Music\folder.jpg" /s

Of course, you would substitute the correct path for your files--

ScAtMaN

Well I have made some progress today!
From searching on the forums there was some talk about how damaged tracks could be the cause of various runtime errors, so I decided to do some housekeeping!
Following the advice from this post:
http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=919.msg8625#msg8625
I sorted all my collection and discovered some 200 that had various problems.  I managed to repair all but 10 or so of them.  Now I have been using freebox on and off for some hours and not had one runtime error yet!

I tried Thunderballs suggestion, this time running it the script on the actual box itself and this time it seems to have stuck, all the album art is showing (although some of it is rather poor quality, will have to update some of the images)

I still have an issue with the more arrows on the main screen though, as I said above I can navigate to a letter using the quick jump button but the arrows will only go forward or back 1 screen.  Subsequent clicks on the arrow just refresh the current page.
Also the 'download album' button does not work, before it would throw up a runtime error, now it just sits there and does nothing, the program seems to be busy (get the hour glass) but nothing happens, I have to click the back arrow to get out of it.

Any suggestions?

Barcrest

The download button copies the file to a folder in the freebox directory called DOWNLOAD. The Download Album does the same but with the whole album. I use this for grabbing tracks to put on my phone (Mp3 Player).

As for the bug where the more arrows do not work, you are correct there is a bug here. I noticed it myself last night but i have not been able to replicate it since. I will have a play with it some more and see if i can find out when it happens to get it fixed for the next release.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

ScAtMaN

Ahh! thanks for explaining the download album button, I thought It was supposed to send you to an online download store or something!  :-[
With a bit more playing I found out that the arrow bug only happens to me when I have animations turned on, fine without.  Annoying but not the end of the world.

I have had a couple of runtime 76 when using the search, not sure what it is because if I reload freebox after the crash and do the exact same search again I cant reproduce it, strange.
Whilst I'm talking about the search screen can there be a option to turn off the history list ( the white search for box in the image bellow) to my mind it looks very out of place with the rest of the look of the screen.