Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Question about Live albums

Started by fordman, May 07, 2009, 04:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fordman

Hello All,

I have a question about live albums. Some need to be played in order. E-Touch alphabetizes the songs. So is there a way to make E-Touch play the songs in order on the original cd? Some albums have to be played in order, like Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon or Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime. Is this already possible or am I missing something here? I made one big MP3 of the Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime to make it play all the way through.

Thanks for the help! ;D

Fordman

NOTE: Dont think it's weird about asking this question, coming from the guy that is writing some tutorials. The answer here will be included in a tutorial very soon.

Barcrest

Make sure the filenames are in the order you want freebox to show them and you are golden.

Track01.mp3
Track02.mp3

will work...

It shows them in alphabetical order but by filename so that is what you need to fix.I also add (LIVE) to the album name so i don't pick live versions by mistake when searching for a track.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

fordman

Quote from: Barcrest on May 07, 2009, 10:01:16 AM
Make sure the filenames are in the order you want freebox to show them and you are golden.

Track01.mp3
Track02.mp3

will work...

It shows them in alphabetical order but by filename so that is what you need to fix.I also add (LIVE) to the album name so i don't pick live versions by mistake when searching for a track.

I dont follow what you have mentioned. I have them in order, or at least in the file they are in order, but E-touch still puts them in alphabetical order.

When you say track01.mp3 do you mean 'I Remember Now01.mp3'? Track02.mp3 do you mean 'Anarchy-X02.mp3'?
I changed the file names as shown above also in the ID3 tag and it just shows the 'I Remember Now01' in the song list because the ID3 tag was changed.

I've tried several different ways and still same result, Alphabetical order. Maybe I just dont understand what you mentioned above clearly.

Thanks for the help!  :beer

Fordman

Barcrest

put the track number 1st...

Windows organises the files in a folder alhpabetically. So if it is..

01 thistrack.mp3
02 sometrack.mp3
03 anothertrack.mp3

They will be in that order, however putting the track number last will give you this...

anothertrack03.mp3
sometrack02.mp3
thistrack01.mp3

Because it is going A,S then T because of the wording. If you always put the tracknumber 1st they will show up in that order in freebox. Also remeber to use 2 digits otherwise you get

1 this track
10 this track
11 this track
2 thistrack

because it reads the 1, then 2. That is why i use 01,02 and 03 etc.

Hope that clears it up.

Jukebox Stats...

fordman

Ok, Now I got it. I was putting the number at the end track01.mp3 instead of 01 track.mp3

DUH!  :tommy

Works GREAT now!  :beer

Fordman

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

fat-johnny

Quote from: fordman on May 07, 2009, 03:05:20 PM
Ok, Now I got it. I was putting the number at the end track01.mp3 instead of 01 track.mp3

DUH!  :tommy

Works GREAT now!  :beer

Fordman

Do yourself a favor, and rename all of your files to:

track# - Title - Artist.mp3

such as

01 - Silent Lucidity - Queensryche.mp3

You will be glad you did.  Some juke programs (such as E-Touch) use the order of the FILE NAMES to determine track order.  Some use the ID3 tags.  Some try to use both.

If you stick to this standardized naming convention, you can use practically any juke software.  I used to be a Virtual Music Jukebox (VMJ) devotee, then changed to The PC Jukebox, which then became Touchtrax.  I switched to Freebox due to the lack of support, lack of respons to suggestions, and lack of new/fresh ideas.  Freebox has it all!!  But what I am trying to say is regardless of software, my music collection was filenamed and tagged properly so it could play nice with any of the juke softwares out there.

If your tags are OK, you can do a mass file-rename using the software "Tag & Rename".  A lot of us here use it for tagging and filenaming.  It seems to be the easiest AND the most comprehensive.

Good luck,
FJ

fordman

Thanks for suggestions and I am in the process of 'batch' renaming the files. Most albums I dont care if they are alphabetized, just the 'live' or 'Rock Opera; The Who 'Tommy'' types are the ones that need to be in order.

Thanks for all the help!  :beer

Fordman