Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Charts \images

Started by bzpilot, July 12, 2008, 02:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bzpilot

Trying to figure out how the \images subdirectory is coded.

I've tried useing a stock image in there to be displayed on all the songs when the song and album art does not exist in the database.  It will show up but the size and position that it shows up as is different evertime and if you page away to a different month or year then back it may be displayed at another different size or position in the small box.

The largest I've seen it display at is about 1/4 the full size of the box.

Any info on this would be great.

Barcrest

Dude not sure what you are trying to change.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

bzpilot

Was just trying to get a standard stock image to show up in the album art position if the song does not exist on the jukebox instead of just being blank.

I noticed that you were useing the directory \images to place images there, for instance new, and up and down arrows.  I then just chaged the .txt file to look for my stock image instead of say "up.gif" but it doesn't seem to size correctly.  Didn't matter wheather the .gif was 50x50 or 500x500 it still would not fill the album art area, even as small as the area is.

Barcrest

So are you trying to change the NEW.GIF on the charts screen? If so that position and size is hardcoded in the app so it doesn't fill the artwork.

If you want to replace the image displayed when the album art doesn't exisit that is located in the skin folder. Albumartnotfound.jpg i believe.

Jukebox Stats...

bzpilot

Thanks, thats what I wanted to know.  Yes, it looks like it is "ImageNotFound.jpg" under the skins.

What I was wanting to do was have this "ImageNotFound.jpg" different for each chart.  Which would mean the code would have to be changed; probably to look for it under the Chart Directory or the Chart Directory\images.  Not sure this is something you'd want to do, or even have time to do.  But I thought it would be nice to be able to have an image there that was more reprentative of each chart individually if the album is not on the jukebox.

Barcrest

I like the thought of this and could add it... However, the point of that image is just a placeholder really you need to get the covers.

Jukebox Stats...

bzpilot

Yes, I completely agree with you on it being important to have the album art and I do have it for all my albums, I just thought it would look better visually in the Chart lists for those songs that we don't have, to have a more colorful default .jpg related to that specific Chart for those songs that aren't in the database instead of just having the stock "ImageNotFound.jpg".

You could have it named the same "ImageNotFound.jpg" but have in look under the specific Charts' directory.

I'm pretty sure you know where I'm coming from already.....

Thanks, for thinking about it.

Barcrest

Ok, yes... I will impliment this in the next release i like your thinking.

Jukebox Stats...