Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

uninstall.exe

Started by d78, August 21, 2008, 06:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d78

The uninstall removes the program from add/remove programs, but the freebox folder and its contents are left behind. It's a small detail but should be fixed to have a clean release package.

Barcrest

Some files are left because they are created by freebox and so the installer doesn't know about them. I will see what i can do to improve on this.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

d78

I'm saying it leaves all the files. The exe's and everything.

Barcrest

Damn, i'll take a look cheers dude.

Jukebox Stats...

spacefractal

Tested this in 4.0.14 as well. It only delete few files and left a lots of files and foldes.

Not even shortcuts in start menu got removed.

Does Nullsoft Scriptable Install System not offer a automatic uninstallation (which you use a old version), or do you use something heavy scripting?

Barcrest

I need to update the install script. As there are no registry entries deleting the folder will work but i will work on the uninstaller.

Jukebox Stats...

Lave Laar

If you want a great editor for NSIS I can recommend HM Nis Edit at http://hmne.sourceforge.net/
It contains a really good wizard for making the scripts.

Barcrest

I was using venis (SP?) but i will try out the one you have mentioned, thanks. I have also updated to the latest NSIS today ready for the next release.

Jukebox Stats...

spacefractal

btw I have never used it, I still keep at Inno Setup (yes that you used in older versions of Freebox). It did still uninstall my software correct (apart data files, like database and configuration files).

I just notice the version numbers when I searched for that app in Google.

Most Important here is delete files outside Freebox folder (shortcuts etc), the rest can been deleted by the user etc id it diddent uninstall them all.