Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

album covers embedded in tag?

Started by bsell1, April 09, 2009, 11:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsell1

All my albums have the album covers embedded in the mp3 tag.  They do not show up in Etouch.  Am I doing something wrong, or is this option not available?  If not available, will it be implemented any time soon?

Barcrest

There is no option to reqad embedded tags as it was too slow. You need to extract the image so it is in the folder and give it a name that is the same across all albums assuming you have each album in it's own folder. Cover.jpg is what i use and Coversmall.jpg for the smaller thumbnail versions. I was thinking of maybe adding an option to pull the image from the tag during the database generation process and saving it out to the albums folder but this is not something that i have realy looked at from a coding point of view yet as it didn't seem to pressing as there are many other apps that can do this for you.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Pinball

I am using a couple of apps to load album art, Album Art Aggregator and Album Cover Art Downloader.  Freebox would be so much better if it did this automatically.

Like I said in my post entitled "Streamline adding Music process " back on March 4th, in the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum:

"I think the biggest thing, feature, or enhancement that can be made to the FREEBOX system would be in the area of user friendliness or transparency..

The ideal thing would be to have a new user have the ability to walk up to the PC (Freebox jukebox application), load their NEW CD into the CDROM drive and have it read, RIP, Load the CD, Find the Cover Art and Update the CONFIG to see the new CD / CD's....on the Selection Screen..

The less thinking, understanding, programming, editing, etc... required the better..."

There is a need for this in order to make it super user freindly to the casual end user customer. They just want it to work like slipping a CD into a CD player they have now.   They don't want to be involved with creating a "System".

What will it take to move this enhancement up to the top of the queue?  I am sure the more transparent you make the system, the more copies of this you would quickly sell.

I would be glad to donate to the "transparancy" enhancement fund.

Thanks for all your efforts Barry.

Randy  :beer

Barcrest

I agree that this would be a nice feature but it's not straight forward. I think what you sugest can be achieved with 3rd parts apps and a frontend of sorts. I doubt i could rip CD's better than audiograbber, i can't tag as well as Tag & Rename and my coverart grabbing routine is not up to the applications you mention.

I may look and see if i can do something but i don't see it being straight forward.

Part of the reason E-Touch is so cheap compared to other applications is because of things like this where some of the emphesis is on the user. If i did have a fully automated solution like you propose I would be even closer to having something to rival sooloos but as i am the only programmer I have to focus on specific parts of the application. As always my focus is on fixing bugs and this is where I will be focusing for the next release (V5.00.4) as several bugs have been identified in the skintool i need to get fixed up along with a couple of quirks i have to look into.

Maybe once the main app is more stable I will be able to spend some time looking at adding an easier method of getting CD's into the jukebox.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...