Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Extra Tag created after config?

Started by its-smee, March 17, 2009, 05:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

its-smee

on of the albums after config has created an extra "song". the album in question was working fine but after the last re-build i noticed instead of the artists name it showed "various artists".  there are only 12 songs in the album but 13 show on the jukebox.  one shows notag - notag  that explains the "various artists". but where the extra tag came from i do not know. I re-did the album in tag&rename but it made no difference. anyone got any idea's  :'(

Lave Laar

You probably have a video-file in the same folder as the mp3s.
I've had the same thing happen to me.  I couldn't for the life of me figure out why an album was getting listed under "various artists".

I think maybe Barry should change how the config builds the databases.  When it builds the audio-database it should only look for audio-files and not depend on users necessarily having the videos in seperate folders.
An option to set a filemask for what kind of files to look for for the separate databases would be useful.

Barcrest

Quote from: Lave Laar on March 18, 2009, 10:06:39 AM
An option to set a filemask for what kind of files to look for for the separate databases would be useful.

Dude it's already in there, You can set the filemask and this will solve your problem. The reason the audio, video and karaoke are not hard coded is because people use these for other things like favourite lists etc.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Lave Laar

Quote from: Barcrest on March 18, 2009, 12:53:29 PM
Dude it's already in there, You can set the filemask and this will solve your problem. The reason the audio, video and karaoke are not hard coded is because people use these for other things like favourite lists etc.

OK. That's great.  Maybe I'm dense, but where exactly do I change this?

its-smee

hi i have no extra songs in album. but it adds one untagged song to list. there are 12 songs in total and all show correctly on screen. a 13th has been added and shows as no tag. 
if you select the "no tag" nothing plays. It is the no tag that is causing "various artist " to come up, but where is it coming from?  the album worked fine before i did a rebuild after adding  other albums.   I won't be able to check if anything is in directory,as  i am on holiday in cyprus and its pouring down  :downer but will check as soon as i get back to UK

Barcrest

Quote from: Lave Laar on March 18, 2009, 06:52:11 PM
Quote from: Barcrest on March 18, 2009, 12:53:29 PM

OK. That's great.  Maybe I'm dense, but where exactly do I change this?

Ah... It uses the mask as defined in beta tag. As that is a little awkward I am adding a text box to the config to change it there.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

its-smee

lave laar  ;D   you were right, I found a video file amongst the mp3's.  problem now sorted
thankyou  :beer