Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Album art issues.. do I just give up?

Started by RiceRider102, June 29, 2009, 07:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiceRider102

I have been screwing around with this program on numerous computers, trying different operating systems etc for weeks and I cannot get it to work with my album art.
Freebox is the only thing close to touch tunes (bose)  and if the program was halfway stable with album art I would pay $300 for it if needed.
It I tell freebox to NOT display any images the program is stable as can be and will run for hours. If I enable "display first cover found" I keep getting runtime errors when selecting the artist.

Has anyone got this function to actually work? I even wiped out all my album art and took the time to get new jpeg's off of amazon and it still get runtime errors..... where are you guys getting your album art from?  :tommy

Is the program cranky about the jpeg resolution?

And whats up with the "get album art" function inside the "freebox config program"  ???

I click on "get album art" and I get the hour glass for 2 secs... but no album has been downloaded...

Thanks,

JB

fordman

Calm down and we'll help you!

First of all, You'll be glad you found E-Touch (Freebox) and will be happy with the end results!

:beer

Second, in each folder, you need a .jpg file of the album art (E-Touch only uses .jpg). You can name the album art anything you want, but it has to be the same for every album cover in every artist folder. To simplify this, I just use cover.jpg. Now, that you have the cover.jpg name properly, make sure the size of the cover.jpg is no larger than 400 X 400. This helps with E-Touch's ability to show the album covers quickly. After you have the cover.jpg named and resized properly, you need a small album cover for the main selection screen. You can just take the cover.jpg, resize it to no larger than 170 X 170 and call it coversmall.jpg. By doing this, you will make the cover selection screen fly even with the slowest of computer systems.

Now you music files will have to be structured like this.

hard drive
hard drive\folder where music is stored
hard drive\folder where music is stored\artist
hard drive\folder where music is stored\artist\album name
hard drive\folder where music is stored\artist\album name\Artist - 01 - song.mp3
hard drive\folder where music is stored\artist\album name\Artist - 02 - song.mp3
hard drive\folder where music is stored\artist\album name\Artist - 03 - song.mp3
hard drive\folder where music is stored\artist\album name\Artist - 04 - song.mp3
hard drive\folder where music is stored\artist\album name\cover.jpg
hard drive\folder where music is stored\artist\album name\coversmall.jpg

so it will look something like this below!

As you can see from the pic,
hard drive c:\
Folder c:\music
Artist c:\music\Alan Jackson
Album Name c:\music\Alan Jackson\The Greatest Hits Collection
Song Title(s) c:\music\Alan Jackson\The Greatest Hits Collection\Alan Jackson - 01 - Chattahoochee (Extended Mix).mp3
Album Art: c:\music\Alan Jackson\The Greatest Hits Collection\cover.jpg and c:\music\Alan Jackson\The Greatest Hits Collection\coversmall.jpg

or you can do this to make the coversmall.jpg

You can use the config4.exe to make the coversmall.jpg. Have the config4.exe set like below in the pic.

Have Generate Image Thumbnail 'ticked' and Copy & Rename First Cover Found 'ticked' and then Generate the Library.

This should take care of the album art issues you have!

You can get album art from buy.com, google or yahoo image search, amazon.com or as a last resort, ebay.com for more obscure stuff. I use my cd-ripper to retrieve the album art and it just gets it from amazon.com.

After you get the album art issues fixed, your run-time errors will most likely go away!

Feel free to ask more questions anytime!  :beer

btw: I'm sure Barcrest will take $300.00 for the program, but I think the normal donation would make him just as happy!

Fordman

Woody

Rice,

Dude, do exactly what Fordman has has listed for you to do and this program will be the best jukebox you have ever setup, If however you decide to half-ass any part(s) of the setup you will become completely frustrated. The only known setup issues that I know of are : 1) Embedded album art is a problem. 2) You must generate each library (Audio, Video, Karaoke) in seperately, generate one close the program then generate the next and close the program.

Woody       

RiceRider102

Thanks so much for the quick response...
It was the "cover.jpg" that were too large in size.

I had the config program resize all coversmall jpeg's to 400x400 and deleted the "cover.jpg"
Otherwise I would have to go thru and change them all manually.... you only get one jpg this way but at least it works :)

Gonna search the site now to figure out how to purchase the program, hopefully I dont have to pay the $300 I mentioned...
JB

Barcrest

eh? Where's my $300.....

You could resize the coversmall.jpg to cover.jpg keeping the same size and thus in effect doing a mass copy then you can make the coversmall.jpg 170x170. Trust me having a smaller cover makes the album screen page quicker.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...