Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Album navigation question

Started by Tinydane, May 12, 2010, 04:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinydane

When I select a particular artist's album it takes me to the track list and down below it lists a side scrolling of all the other albums by that artist.  I can press the right arrow to move to the right through the other albums, however when I select a different album it always jumps me back to the very first album in the list.  So I then have to rescroll (arrow over right) to get back to where I was just in the list of albums.

Is there a way to have it simply remember its point in the list and take me back to that entry instead of the begining of the queue?

For example..I have a large Johnny Cash collection (upwards of 25 albums) so i'll be scrolling through, select one maybe 8 down the line then select a track or two from that album and hit back which takes me back to the track list for that album but the other album scroll area below the track list goes back to the first album in the list.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Paul

fordman

I understand your issue, since the album song tracks are listed for the new album selected using the quick jump covers, it basically refreshes the whole page, therefore taking you back to the start of the quick jump covers selections.

It can be some what cumbersome to have to jump through the albums again but no one has really had an issue with it, not to say that in a future release that it can be made to do what you would want.  ;)

I hope this helps and Welcome to the E-Touch (freebox) Community!

:beer

Fordman

Tinydane

Quote from: fordman on May 12, 2010, 06:24:06 PM
I understand your issue, since the album song tracks are listed for the new album selected using the quick jump covers, it basically refreshes the whole page, therefore taking you back to the start of the quick jump covers selections.

It can be some what cumbersome to have to jump through the albums again but no one has really had an issue with it, not to say that in a future release that it can be made to do what you would want.  ;)

I hope this helps and Welcome to the E-Touch (freebox) Community!

:beer

Fordman

Thanks fordman.  I guess the good news is it's not a bug and it's doing what I think it is.  But yea, it'd be nice to have it remember its position in the queue for sure.