Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Runtime error 75

Started by jacktucky, August 16, 2011, 11:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacktucky

Downloaded latest version yesterday.  Config program gives me a run time error 75 after i click the first OK. 

jacktucky

I was googling and realized that my songs are on a share that doesn't allow update. I'm going to setup a different mapping and see if that solves it.

themarq

got the same error today.  please if you could share your solution?

matinwi

I had gotten this also how did you fix it ?

Matinwi

Barcrest

Are you running windows 7? If so you want to install E-Touch somewhere other than Program files and make sure you run the config as administrator. I think it's windows 7 stopp E-Touch saving it's files in it's own directory.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

ecbrad

I had people over on saturday and in my wisdom decided to upgrade to the latest version. I thought no worries I'll just install it to a separate directory in case of issues and if broken just fire up the old version instead.

Well you guessed it, 8 was giving me grief (bog standard XP install). Shut it down and found 7 was borked as well. I'm speculating due to storing settings in the registry now  ???

At any rate rebuilding the database takes about 45mins and it would error out at the generating thumbnails every damn time with Error 75. After 3 times trying in version 8 I went back to 7 only to find it totally screwed and a weird partially installed skin that was wider than my monitor and all silver/white. I could not scroll that screen at all.

I finally had to uninstall everything and then re-install it and then got it going after 2 more false starts on database generation.

I thought I'd check the log file for what the error might be but the only errors were referring to the LED sign being activated but not working which is no surprise as I don't have an LED.

So whats the point of this rambling post?

1) Can we get detailed logging for these errors? If I have an artwork file E-Touch doesn't like it'd be fantastic if it actually told me which one it was?

2) Can we not have multiple versions of the software installed? We used to be able too but now I'm not sure wether it's the software or machine that's not liking it?

Cheers,
Brad

Barcrest

Ok I have moved the V8 settings to etouch 8 registry keys. This will be in the next beta.

Jukebox Stats...

ecbrad

Quote from: Barcrest on October 15, 2012, 04:11:04 PM
Ok I have moved the V8 settings to etouch 8 registry keys. This will be in the next beta.

Thanks mate. Much appreciated =)

Any hints or tips for identifying bad files?

Cheers,
Brad

Barcrest

Quote from: ecbrad on October 15, 2012, 09:09:06 PM
Quote from: Barcrest on October 15, 2012, 04:11:04 PM

Thanks mate. Much appreciated =)

Any hints or tips for identifying bad files?

Cheers,
Brad

I am looking at adding error trapping to the config.... Taking a while sorting everything out though as i noticed when building the radio library it's not using the filename for the tag correctly.

Jukebox Stats...