News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Lets talk tagging/best way that works for you! (karaoke)

Started by draginit, July 12, 2011, 03:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

draginit

hows does everyone else tag their karaoke??  got examples?

i have a few albums i put together by artist and renamed them all to say only the title. that allowed me to give an album image of that artist and easy to find without using the search option.
but what to do with the other 100's or 1000's of karaoke songs and their many versions?

heres my current path examples that have not been renamed:
                        (Karaoke/soundchoice/SC0123 - Disturbed - The Game
                                   /chartbusters/cb20003-13-1_50 Cent & Nate Dogg - 21 Questions

and how it appears on freebox: (CB20003-13-1_50 Cent & Nate D)   <---  in most cases where the names are long the title is cut off before it can be viewed..

so does everyone just have one giant folder of each series or do you break them up a little in order to tag them by title and still know what version you are choosing?  just want to get an ideal of how others are managing large karoake lists..

i do all my tagging with tag&rename
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

draginit

tough subject or no interest  :downer....maybe in wrong category..

was hoping to compare renaming options with anyone who has a large list...i will be messing around with mine soon, and ill post anything i can come up with to best manage multiples n such towards renaming the files so that freebox does not cut off the songtitles in order to keep the name of the series visible as well.
:beer

its easy enuf to use the search but i like the idea of using the album selection just like audio..so many versions...prolly imopssibl task...

Barcrest

I use the disk number for the album name and the artist for artist and track for track... Works well with virtual DJ that way and with e-touch as well.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

I just tag the mp3 part of the karaoke and leave the file name the same as its cgi counterpart.

draginit

Quote from: Barcrest on July 19, 2011, 10:45:42 PM
I use the disk number for the album name and the artist for artist and track for track... Works well with virtual DJ that way and with e-touch as well.

this makes perfect sense,,,but then i got started looking thru my collection. ive acquired just under 800gigs now of karaoke. the prob is there are so many subfolders, for example:

C:\Karaoke\Sound Choice\SC2000 national singing championship\nsc2000-01\mp3
                                                                                     \nsc2000-02\mp3
                                                                                     \nsc2000-03\mp3
                                                                                     \etc,etc
C:\Karaoke\Sound Choice\SC8000 Series\8100's\8101\mp3
                                                                \8102\mp3
                                                                \8103\mp3
                                                                \etc,etc

Normally with music or my old karoake collection i just had a main folder (Karaoke)\artist\album\mp3  (putting the jpeg in the album folder)

if i rename all the files ,as is, in there current place will freebox still function with that many subfolders?  or am i going to have to pull out the "album folders, ie 8101" into the "artist folders, SC8000"?  making sense?

Barcrest

It will work with that file structure as long as the tags are good.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

ecbrad

I've acquired a heap of karaoke (on request  ::)) and am looking at setting this up. I think for me it'll be artists folders and then within that a folder called karaoke:

C:\Karaoke\ACDC\Karaoke\song.mp3
              \Abba\Karaoke\song.mp3

That way I can use Fan Art and Album art and have it all sorted by artists only. I think it should work fine for smaller collections as long as they are tagged correctly?

Cheers,
Brad

ecbrad

One thing I should ask. I have a heap of Video Karaoke. Can I just add those to the same folders as the MP3 karaoke songs and treat them as normal?

Cheers,
Brad