Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

run time error on skin tool

Started by mfacer, June 11, 2008, 12:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfacer

Gosh, I've been flooding the boards this last few days!! (Sorry!!)

Got another problem - I was using the skin tool with no problems this morning, now I try to open it and I get a "run time error '0'" popup and it doesnt open.

The only thing I've changed has been the buttons. I used the BNB buttons and ran a photoshop batch process to recolour them all and save as JPEGS. Does the skin tool check for anything like this when it loads that might be causing the problem?

Barcrest

If you send me the skin (barcrest@hotmail.com) i will run it in the skintool in the debugger and see if i can find:

1/ where you went wrong.

2/ Add code to prevent that error happening again.

As for flooding the boards i like it, it gets other people posting. This is the reason they are here....
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

mfacer

ok cool - I'll zip it up and send it over!

cheers

squirrellydw

hey mfacer, can the batch process name the jpgs for you?  What I mean is if I open lets say 20 different buttons and change the color on them like you did can the batch process save them as jpgs but keep the original file name?
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

mfacer

yeah it does... I copied all the files I wanted to change in to a folder called "tochange" then had a macro which

1. opens a file
2. applies two filter layers
3. saves over the file

it's the first time I've done it, and it seems to have worked ok. It keeps all the same filenames - or you can as a option, add a prefix to the name.

squirrellydw

sweet, I will have to look into this some more, that could save me a lot of time.  do you know of any step by step directions that show you how to do this?
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Damn i don't have the skintool source here with me... Stupid work. I can check at home though and post back but that won't be for a few hours.

Jukebox Stats...

mfacer

no worries - there's no hurry!!

In terms of step by step guides, I googled "photoshop macro tutorial" and got a few things. One was a video which I used. It's not great, but takes you through the basics!

it's something like

(from within PS)
window > actions
at the bottom right of the window, select new action
that then starts recording what ever you do. Open one of your files, then apply the filters, colour, resize or what ever it is... then save over the file. Select stop on the action window.
Then go to file > automate > batch
select the action you've just created and choose source as folder. Point to the folder where your images are and override open commands, suppress file open, suppress color warnings. Destination save and close and override action "save as". That all seemed to work ok for me!!

squirrellydw

thanks I will try this out, I know how to do the automate with color, just learned that last week but I didn't know how to save them.
Coffee is the man now

mfacer

Barry - did you manage to check out the skin to see what was up??

Barcrest

I mentioned this in the other thred, i left it at home  :tommy

Jukebox Stats...

mfacer

just trying to use the skin tool and I've replaced the images with the old set, and still get the run time error.

Have you had chance to look at my skin?

Barcrest

I will look at it today dude, i have the source with me. Did you mail it to my yahoo account?

Jukebox Stats...

mfacer

yeah sent it to that account. let me know if any problems! cheers :)

Barcrest

music_bevel_sr.jpg is missing from the search tab screen. That is your error i just tested this now for you...

I have mailed you a fixed up skintool that will enable you to work around this.

Jukebox Stats...