Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Still getting stuck between tracks!!

Started by Risim, December 11, 2011, 11:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Risim

Hey guys I had a jukebox freeze up on me twice in two days and bar owner is going crazy.  When I say freezing up on me I mean that it keeps repeating a song and on the now playing the song doesn't scroll it stays on 0.00.  It has more songs in queue but it just keeps repeating that same song.  I have next button installed on the jukebox but it doesnt work.  To fix the problem I have to go to location and clear queue and then using the player buttons skip the song and then it will play fine for I guess two more days.  It seems to happen when I has alot in queue.  I need help on this badly any feedback will help. Thanks in advance. :beer

Norman Marshall

the jukebox in the pub where i play darts had a juke that did that, turned out to be a bad mp3, once the song was gone there was no more problems, been fine ever since, but trouble only started when this particular song was played
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Too late I had to remove comp for location and doing a fresh install now.  I spent almost 4 hours at location just trying to install latest beta it did install but credit modual goin crazy.  It never gave the right number of credits.  Not the first time credit modual goes crazy on me either.  I install lic and open credit modual before even launching etouch but I dont know what I'm doing wrong.  I did see that etouch asked me for ket twice and on the third time it launched still seeing the key request on screen.  I then decide to roll back to a system restore date and use that setting and that got credits to work fine.  I left the bbar and three songs later the jukebox was stuck again between songs I ripped comp. form jukebox and gona pull an all nighter here to do a complete new install.  I'm going crazy here and wondering why am I the only one seeing these errors.

Risim

Well I did a complete xp and v7.020.24 install proper credits are give finnally BUT etouch is frezzing every time I give credits to the jukebox.  Going to roll all the way down to 7.09

Risim

Fixed credits problem I went down to the last release v.7.0.10 and now credits are working fine.  So far so good the whole jukebox is up and running smooth again.  I just hope it doesn't get stuck between song again.  Barry I sending you the error log for credit modual erros.

Barcrest

Credit module errors??? What was going on with that? I know I have added support for the USB mech but that shouldn't do anything if you don't have the box checked.

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

I'll resend the error log with the credit modual error.  I'm sorry but I'm posting the errors as they occur and I had this error once before and did post it.  The credit modual from version v7.020.24 was the verison I used and on the last install it was giving the proper credits but after second or third build a white box will apear on the credit label and etouch will freeze for like 2 minutes then credit will appear.
I finished the jukebox and left it playing all night long with over 100 song in queue and so far so good.

Barcrest

It might be a corrupt file like what was mentioned eralier. That credit module issue is an odd one.

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

By corrupt file you mean what exactly the download link file is corrupt or the one I downloaded?

Risim

Hello Barry, I have some more bad news. I just got a call form a bartender informing me that the jukebox at the same location is stuck again between tracks.  So I guess it wasn't the bad cover.  I told them that I'll pass by tommorow when they open so I'll send you the error log as soon as I have it.  I'm ashamed even to go back to the bar this is three time this week and again all I do is display the player buttons and press next. Thats it!   :(
I read somewhere about popup player buttons or some thing like that?  I was thinking could you make some sort of button that when pressed it will ask for a password and then the player buttons will apear and when finished it can be close again and player button wont be displayed anymore.  This will be perfect for this promblem b/c I cant leave the player button shown always b/c customers will be messy with them skip tracks and rewind them and so forth.  And maybe later on you can add an option so that the operator can have the option to put on that pop up screen the option for the bar owner give credits to jukebox with a limit of course, also clear queue button.  The other software that I dont use anymore had the option to toggle between the settings screen via pasword by pressing the lower right hand corner of the screen twice.  I never used it b/c I did not want the bar owner to change my setting, espeacially with etouch that has so many options.  But just displaying the player button and maybe clear queue will do great. What do you think? ???

thefonz848

It sounds to me like you have a corrupt configuration,and installing the latest beta or back tracking won't do it,If you remove Etouch completely I mean completely, search everywhere(Program files,search etc.) Then reinstall, all your problems should be resolved.

Barcrest

It is odd, I am wondering if it's a corrupt file as it is not something I can replicate myself.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

This is very odd. What version do you use?

I know I had the same problem in the past but I can't remember what it was. I know it wasn't a corrupt mp3 or a cover issue. I think Barry fixed it and that is the reason I'm asking on version of E-Touch you're on.

Anyway, take a short mp3 file(30-60seconds) and rename it to "startup.mp3" and put it in the E-Touch root folder. If you start E-Touch it will play this mp3 file. I know this solved a lot of problems for me. I had a problem where to first video selected won't play after startup and this sorted it.

Good luck with this one and please let as know if you have found the problem.

:-\

Risim

Sorry guys I had a busy day yesterday but I'm happy to say that the jukebox was working fine, well at least etouch is.  The batender that called me assumed that etouch was stuck again between track b/c it done so many times before but in fact it was the amp over heating and shuting down.  I installed a new amp so there shouldn't be any more trouble.  If anybody else get this type of error I tell them to check there error log and see if they have a corrupt mp3 or cover.  after barry look at my error log he found that I had a corrupt cover and the jukebox hasn't gotten stuck scince.  Thanks for all the help guys.  Happy Holidays. :beer
I'm off now to repair a touchtunes ovation jukebox which crashed yesterday and tech support said it was the hard drive when in fact I think it the pc.  I'm gonna fix it for now but after the holidays I told the bar owner I switching to etouch.  Touchtunes is getting on my nerves.