Main Menu

attract mode

Started by jukejohn, January 06, 2012, 05:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Quote from: coffee on January 14, 2012, 06:47:07 PM
@Barry

QuoteI suppose it could also be done making the change coffee suggested
The big problem with this is if you blacklist the VideoAdds genre you can't use it for random play and if you don't blacklist this genre it shows up in album view.
What I do with the video adds is to show new album previews as you would see on TV at a lower volume than the normal play volume. These adds are normally about 30 seconds long so you don't want a paying customer to play this.
I would also throw a few $$$ your way if you can add this as I think it's a very usefull function.

Off course you could create a playlist with these in and use that for random play. That solves the blacklist random play issue and gets you what you want. I'm not one to turn down some extra $$$'s but I don't think you need this function. If you really want it then I can add it but I just don't think it's required.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

QuoteOff course you could create a playlist with these in and use that for random play. That solves the blacklist random play issue and gets you what you want.
I'll have a go with that and I'll let you know what I've found. Thanks Dude.

aussie8ball

With 2 monitors I found it easy to use a wall paper that matches the skin & then have adds transitioning over 70% of the second screen. They play for audios & if I want them to continue I just add a silent mp3 & call it "No Song Playing by No Song Playing" & add it to Random Selections. Mix in some Video Attracts with the same song title. Drop in say the Karoke section & don't have a button to that library for customers.
That's pretty much it.
Attract Vids & Transitioning ads, mixed together. Works well. Job done!
Down side is you could actually pay a credit to pick a attract vid or silent mp3 if you press Now Playing but I don't think it's very likely someone would. Could make it worth 99 credits solving that.

You could also add say automatic switching A/V gear that switch the second monitors to say a media player with video attracts, promos & video adds when the jukebox is idle.

A commercial operator  should be able to come up with a solution fairly easily.
If your in the business you should be able to do it using hardware solutions anyway regardless of software.