Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

importing songs

Started by mountaindew, September 07, 2013, 08:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountaindew

I received my keys today and have the software downloaded.I am on the screen which asked what file is your music located.Mine is in program files in a folder called my music.When I highlight program files it doesnt give me the option to go into my music.How do I get them into my library

modessitt

I'm not in front of my pc right now, but I know I selected Audio files or Music, then I was able to browse to my Music folder, then import. If no one else answers by then, I'll get to my pc later and be more specific...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Barcrest

Use the advanced config and browse to where your audio is stored and click generate.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

mountaindew

Thats where I went into the advanced and clicked on program files thats where my music file is but that file wont come up in program files

Barcrest

Quote from: mountaindew on September 08, 2013, 05:38:42 PM
Thats where I went into the advanced and clicked on program files thats where my music file is but that file wont come up in program files

You have all your music stored under program files?

Jukebox Stats...

mountaindew

ok,I got the files to download and it says I have 7789 songs on file.I went by the instructions setup for dummies and now I am back on the main screen but it wont let me do anything and none of my covers came up.Also how do I get the skin to take up the whole screen.I have black and blue now

Barcrest

Quote from: mountaindew on September 08, 2013, 06:18:25 PM
ok,I got the files to download and it says I have 7789 songs on file.I went by the instructions setup for dummies and now I am back on the main screen but it wont let me do anything and none of my covers came up.Also how do I get the skin to take up the whole screen.I have black and blue now

Go into options and there is a check box there to set it to full screen, you can also hide the mouse pointer here too if you are using a touch screen.

How is your music organized? All in one folder or individual folders for albums? If you have 8,000 MP3's in one folder you will need to do some work to tidy them up into albums.

Jukebox Stats...

mountaindew

they are all in one file.I went into options but I dont see where I can extend the screen

Barcrest

Quote from: mountaindew on September 08, 2013, 06:34:32 PM
they are all in one file.I went into options but I dont see where I can extend the screen

Full screen under appearance settings.

Jukebox Stats...

mountaindew

got it.now how do I get the songs to play.Do I need to download a new skin?Thanks for all your help so far

Barcrest

Quote from: mountaindew on September 08, 2013, 06:55:56 PM
got it.now how do I get the songs to play.Do I need to download a new skin?Thanks for all your help so far

You should be able to find music by doing a search however you really need to sort you music out so they are in folders. Usually it's a folder per album with a cover.jpg in that folder. you could group yours by artists.

Jukebox Stats...

mountaindew

I got the group and song title to come up just not the album cover

Barcrest

Quote from: mountaindew on September 08, 2013, 07:29:36 PM
I got the group and song title to come up just not the album cover

You need to have an image in there for the cover, you can set E-Touch to show first image found or you can specify an image such as cover.jpg

Jukebox Stats...

mountaindew

ok,I think Im on my way.I put all the albums in a separate folder and transferred them that way.I think I have it.Thanks

Barcrest

Quote from: mountaindew on September 09, 2013, 11:39:45 AM
ok,I think Im on my way.I put all the albums in a separate folder and transferred them that way.I think I have it.Thanks

Ideally you will have something like this...

C:\Music\album1\
C:\Music\album2\
C:\Music\album3\

Each one should have a cover.jpg about 500 x 500 and a coversmall.jpg about 170x170. You can then specify the 2 cover filenames in E-touch. The smaller cover is used for album paging as it's quicker to load.

Other things to consider is that each album has the same album name across the whole album and that the artist name matches across the whole album or it will be flagged as a compilation album and listed under various artists.

I use Tag & Rename for sorting my tags.

Jukebox Stats...