Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

New to V8 config not working as it should

Started by Shaggydo, September 16, 2013, 11:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaggydo

So iveen using v6 for a long time, but after seeing cofee's great skin a decided to move to v8, the problem is, econfig makes my collection look like crap, it took me ages to have a decent looking collection and with v 6.3.5 econfig i get a nice list, but with the new one i get alot of emptys and singles list, can anyone help please?

Barcrest

What do you mean you get a lot of singles and empties?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Shaggydo

It looks like the use song title if no tag found function its not working, so most of my karaokes have empty itles

Barcrest

Quote from: abispac on September 17, 2013, 08:35:30 PM
It looks like the use song title if no tag found function its not working, so most of my karaokes have empty itles

Use song title? Do you mean use filename?

Jukebox Stats...

Shaggydo

Shaggydo

It looks likethe use file name if no tag found function its not working

Shaggydo

My english its limited so i apreciate your patience.
Heres my problem one more time:

I always used v6.3.5 so far,when i scan my music with config 4 i use the "use file name when tag not found" and "use title for album when tag not found" and the "use album name on compilation" functions, it works great, as most of the bad tagged albums or like in my karaoke collection wich its mostly videos not tagged, works great, i get a nice collection dysplayed in etouch 6.   on Etouch 8 with config 8 i dont get the same result, was something chanched on econfig 8?  cus when i scan my collection, i get alot of empty albums wich makes e think the use file name when tag nbot found function its not working, and lots of singles albums, wich makes me think the use album name on compilation function its not working either. so i wonder if config 8 can be fixed or ifs something i have to deal with? thanks for your time.

Barcrest

Ah.. Ok it's the config. I will look at this for tomorrows build as I am heading out now.

Jukebox Stats...

Shaggydo

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

Shaggydo

Barcrest

I took a look last night but I am not 100% sure what option you are refering too. Is it possible you can post up a screen shot of thwat you lib looks like in the config and what options you are using. I don't actually remember ever using the filename for that.

Jukebox Stats...

Shaggydo

Quote from: Barcrest on October 01, 2013, 07:41:13 AM
I took a look last night but I am not 100% sure what option you are refering too. Is it possible you can post up a screen shot of thwat you lib looks like in the config and what options you are using. I don't actually remember ever using the filename for that.
better yet, ill take some video and post the issue, thanks.

Shaggydo

So im re-taking this issue to see if  it cant be solved, im ataching a cvr file from config 8, wich  gives me alot of empty songs in the selection list and alot of single albums, just like if the "use album name on compilation" and "use filename when tag not found" functions are not working, and im ataching a cvr file from conig 4 wich gives me a more decent music catalog as im still taggin my music properly, but 9000 cds wil take a while. perhaps something change betwen config 4 and 8 and the functions mentioned stoped working properly, can you take a look at it barcrest? thanks for any help.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hgu8f00553q9d4o

http://www.mediafire.com/?2p1w3w792mys5cn

Barcrest

The tag reading was moved across to audio genie explicitly so I don't know if that's the problem however it does sound like your files are not tagged correctly.

Jukebox Stats...