Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

bug in 8.0.5 i think.

Started by Shaggydo, December 02, 2013, 04:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaggydo

Im using the latest version, and when playing videos, i get several videos that get jumped or that dont play, at first i thought about codecs, but im using lates klite codec pack and the videos play just fine in media player, but in etouch some play and some dont...its like its skipping videos at a random rate, can someone ealse confirm this?

Barcrest

Quote from: abispac on December 02, 2013, 04:15:09 AM
Im using the latest version, and when playing videos, i get several videos that get jumped or that dont play, at first i thought about codecs, but im using lates klite codec pack and the videos play just fine in media player, but in etouch some play and some dont...its like its skipping videos at a random rate, can someone ealse confirm this?

8.0.5 is not the latest version 8.0.17 is, are you using that?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Shaggydo

your right barry, pardon me. im using 8.0.17

Shaggydo

Dont let barry do all the work for himself,  :) can somebody ealse confirm this issue?  :beer

Gaucho

Do they judder or get skipped completely?

Have you attract mode running.

What format are your video files, mkv, avi, wmv??

Barcrest

Also what spec is the PC? If the the video doesn't start quick enough it will get skipped so like Gaucho says the video format and size is important and also the spec of the PC. Do you have the virtual LED scroller running? That takes a bit of processing. Are you running dual screen? There are a lot of things that could be causing it... The reason E-touch is skipping them is so the queue doesn't hang on a bad media file. It was have the code do that or you can end up with the juke hung on a bad file.

Jukebox Stats...

Shaggydo

Quote from: Gaucho on December 03, 2013, 02:48:49 PM
Do they judder or get skipped completely?

Have you attract mode running.

What format are your video files, mkv, avi, wmv??
now that you mentioned they judder (if judder means they kind of jump ,as if video its at 1:35 and sudenly jumps to 1:45) and they do skip as well. No i dont have atract mode, however this problem its not happening on the comercial jukebox, its happening on a regular home jukebox i updated and it has random on set for videos only (dont know if that matters) and about my video i got tons of diferent kinds and resolutions.

Shaggydo

Quote from: Barcrest on December 03, 2013, 05:11:06 PM
Also what spec is the PC? If the the video doesn't start quick enough it will get skipped so like Gaucho says the video format and size is important and also the spec of the PC. Do you have the virtual LED scroller running? That takes a bit of processing. Are you running dual screen? There are a lot of things that could be causing it... The reason E-touch is skipping them is so the queue doesn't hang on a bad media file. It was have the code do that or you can end up with the juke hung on a bad file.
Its a Dell Studio One 1909 Pentium Dual-Core E5200 2.5GHz 4GB 2Tb western digital green drive,windows 7 ultimate x86.  I have the same setup on 2 older computers and they dont give me that kind of problem. no led function,no dual screen,and im pretty sure the media its fine as they play ok outside etouch.
i lowered my resolution screen to 1024x768x16 and the videos stoped judding, but i still get the skipping problem. its there something ealse i can do to to see if i solve my problem? thanks.

Barcrest

I guess it could be the graphics card, it seems visual basic is funny about what card you have and there isn't a real way to find out why. I can run the animations fine on my pc but for others they run really slowly even if they have a higher spec pc than me. I assume you have tried installing the latest VB6 SP.

Jukebox Stats...

Shaggydo

Quote from: Barcrest on December 04, 2013, 02:20:47 PM
I assume you have tried installing the latest VB6 SP.
ill try that and post results, thanks.

Gaucho

Sorry to harp on Barry but after search my biggest demand is by decade which is why I spent loads of time setting up collections of 50's, 60's 70's etc but I have had to turn this off because collections doesn't recognise that there are credits available.

Barcrest

Quote from: Gaucho on December 05, 2013, 02:46:42 AM
Sorry to harp on Barry but after search my biggest demand is by decade which is why I spent loads of time setting up collections of 50's, 60's 70's etc but I have had to turn this off because collections doesn't recognise that there are credits available.

Are you having the issue with collections or the filter? You can filter on year.

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

Just collections. The problem being that people want it by decade and not individual year. They like to browse the whole of the 50's or 60's for example in one place.

Barcrest

Quote from: Gaucho on December 05, 2013, 12:10:39 PM
Just collections. The problem being that people want it by decade and not individual year. They like to browse the whole of the 50's or 60's for example in one place.

The reason I have not looked at this bug is because I doubt it will be straight forward to fix and it doesn't prevent operation of the juke as it is an option that can be disabled.

I will get to look at it however the PNG is sort of my focus right now.

Jukebox Stats...

Shaggydo

So im posting my solution to this problem for future references, turns out it was the audio drivers, i was formating my pc uing windows ultimate wich had the drivers for the audio built in , but those didnt work right, i went to the website and downloaded the drivers for the correct model of the pc and no more problems qith etouch, so my recomendation its always use oem drivers.