Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

ELO Touch Question

Started by BigLa, July 07, 2008, 09:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigLa

I just picked up a used 15" ELO off ebay. It works great, except I noticed that the very bottom of the screen (approximately the bottom half of the taskbar) doesn't respond to touch. It's a very small area, so it's not a huge deal. But my assumption is that the touch functionality should work up to all edges of the screen. Is that a fair assumption?

Thanks. (hope i'm not asking too many questions).

Barcrest

Have you run through the calibration? It should work on the whole screen.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

BigLa

I have. I assumed it should work. I'm not sure if I should bother shipping it back, since it's pretty minor. I'll play with it some more when I get home.

Thanks.

squirrellydw

I think that is normal but I also think you can adjust it in the setting, not sure though.  Why not email elo?
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

BigLa

I have. Still waiting on a response. Figured it didn't hurt to mention it here as well.

Thanks again.

Barcrest

Actually like squirrel said i don't think you can touch right at the very edge but you should be able to touch the task bar.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

I can touch my taskbar fine but I think there is like a 1/8 inch all the way around I can't, not sure
Coffee is the man now

BigLa

Heard back from ELO. They said "there should not be any portion of the screen non-responsive to touch."
May be someone can test this out for me: when using Fakman's skin, I am unable to use the song slider. It doesn't seem that far down, so I assume other people can use it. Of course I'm able to access it with my mouse.

squirrellydw

did you use the advance calibration?   I test mine out tonight
Coffee is the man now

mountain

Advanced calibration should fix the problem. If you bought a used one you may want to clean it real good with alcohol too. One of the ones I bought had a lot of crud around the perimeter where the kiosk bezel mounted.

squirrellydw

mine works fine all the way around the edges.

I would NOT use alcohol to clean it
Coffee is the man now

BigLa

Still unable to touch all the edges, but I haven't given up yet. Is anyone using the edge acceleration tool to assist in touching near the edges?

squirrellydw

nope I just used the advance calibration
Coffee is the man now

BigLa

In the advanced calibration, how many points did you have to touch? What it just the three, or the calibration with 5 targets on each row. I tried that one (think it's called enhanced) and I couldn't see the bottom right target. Read something about an elotarget.conf file that can be adjusted for that. Have to check it out tonight.

squirrellydw

I think it was about 5 on 4 rows.  I had no problem with any of the tagets
Coffee is the man now