Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

New Build Problems

Started by Norman Marshall, March 20, 2010, 09:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norman Marshall

Good evening everyone,
                                 I'm needing your help again,  ive just done a clean install of XP on the pc that im using for the JB, i havent installed SP2 or SP3 or evan an antivirus because it wont be connected to internet, So all i have is XP, WMP 11, E-touch and ffdshow to normalize sound. Heres my problem, i cant get my videos to play, they all played on the windows 7 pc that i tagged the videos with but now they are on an XP machine they wont, and they used to because the W7 machine was running XP. Please help
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Barcrest

Try installing the K-Lite codec pack. Sounds like you are missing codecs.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

I wasnt using any codec packs on the W7 machine but i'll give it a go

cheers
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Norman Marshall

K-lite Never worked barry, gonna give winamp a try.

Barcrest

WMP11 probably didn't install correctly as i believe it needs sp2 at least to work.

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

Got it working now, i installed nero showtime and everything is ok, but i think i'll try installing SP2 and 3 and give wmp11 another go, cheers barry.

fordman

SP3 will be the problem solver here!

Fordman

Norman Marshall

Nope sorry still not working, ive installed both SP2 and 3, ive also reinstalled WMP11,  uninstalled nero and winamp to see if the SP's was the problem but its not, however, i have done a W7 reinstall on my other machine and the only software ive put on is e-touch and the videos are playing ok. any other ideas chaps?

Barcrest

Have you installed direct x

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

All sorted now barry
                            cheers

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

Not sorted barry, videos are still not playing and when i do get one to play its upside down, ive installed codecs amd media players and directx 9, me starting to pull me friggin hair out dude

Barcrest

It is something on your pc as no one else is seeing it.. i don't know what to suggest.

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

Ive give up barry, im giong to reinstall everything, ive had this working shit hot on my old xp machine before so i dont know whats gone wrong, all i can think of is its because i havent installed SP3 and any other updates, but it is deffinatley something that i have done or havent done, im havein a party at weekend so i need the juke sorted, i'll let you know how it goes

Barcrest

I know i have codec issues on my juke because i don't get audio on quite a few videos that work fine on this dev machine. It's quite annoying as i have installed the latest k-lite codec pack and still no audio so i know what you are going through.

Jukebox Stats...