Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

System Requirements

Started by johnpurs, July 03, 2008, 04:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnpurs

Hi I am currently running the V 4 demo but I just donated for the full version because it is an awsome piece of software.

My setup is an older Epox MB with 512MB RAM and a 1ghz Athalon processor. The video is integrated and nothing fancy. I have the video set to use about 32MB of my 512MB of RAM.  Running XP with WMP11. Nothing else is running in the background just freebox and it is slowwwww. I will look into the size of my album covers but for now I just want to know about what is expected of a freebox V4 system.

I Was wondering if some more ram would make a difference.

thanks for any help.

John Pursglove

John

johnpurs

I just saw thethread about tiny xp I'll look into that. Seems that will make a big difference for me.

Thanks!

John

Novalak

im testing now on XP "performance edition" and seems to be working great, installed a touch screen and im laughing

NOTE: performance edition is  a hacked version of xp which someone created which takes alot of the junk out

Barcrest

When you say slow when is it slow? If it's browsig the covers then it will be because your art work is to big.

The other screens should not be slow i have it running on a P700mhz test machine with 128mb of ram and it's ok.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

johnpurs

Mostly when browsing. I went through and resized all my cover art to 170 x 170. It is better now.

Overall I'm very happy with Freebox.  :)

Thanks,

John

Barcrest

The next release 4.0.8 will let you have 2 covers. one smaller (170x170) for the browsing covers screen and a better quality version for the other screens.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

johnpurs

Great. Keep up the good work.

John

kizer

Yeah my Juke is a p1ghz, 512ram running TinyXP before that it was running Windows2000 with the latest Service pack. Both ran fine with Album covers around the 300x300 size.

As well as you stated touch screen is the only way to go.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)