Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Need some input

Started by coffee, October 04, 2009, 02:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffee

Hi Guys

I'm busy with a few skins but I'm stuck on this one. (see attachment) It looks too dull or grey for me.
I need some input from you. Must I use a colour with this (and what colour) or must I change the buttons or background or just scrap it?
The picture is a bit fuzzy cause I had to resize smaller.

Coffee

Orc

Might look better with rectangular metelish/chrome buttons....

Just a thought.....

I must get back into trying to make a few skins....If I EVER get the time....

You're doing a great job so far........

:beer

coffee

I think this one looks better but I'm not happy yet.

leeclark2612

I love both of them...the only reservation i have is the options button - is there any way it could be further away from the edge by about 1/2cm? my touchscreen doesn't like it so close to the edge? Suppose i could move it to my own taste...if they both came with 4 sets of buttons of different colours it might work better? say black, red, green, blue (like the one you have now)...just an idea...

Barcrest

Actually i think i prefer the round black buttons. I think you need to move the albums up slightly because the bottom buttons are overlapping the bottom row of covers.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Hi

Quotethe options button - is there any way it could be further away from the edge by about 1/2cm? my touchscreen doesn't like it so close to the edge
You're correct, I have the same problem. I'll sort it out.

QuoteI think you need to move the albums up slightly because the bottom buttons are overlapping the bottom row of covers.[/
I did that on porpose. It gives a bit of a 3D effect now that the buttons are clear.

Barry, I still have a problem changing the progress and volume images to GIF. If you have a change can you look at it for me? This is the only problem left before I can release some skins.

Here's another one I did at the bottom.

Coffee

Barcrest

That looks awsome, like post apocalyptic. The buttons might be a little to clean looking though.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Quote from: Barcrest on October 05, 2009, 10:38:38 AM
That looks awsome, like post apocalyptic. The buttons might be a little to clean looking though.
I'll make a new set and post it tonight so you can have a look.

coffee

Better?

Barcrest

Yes i think the black looks better, might need to change the font colour to black on the albums so it is easilly readable at least on the artist names.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Hi Barry

Quote from: Barcrest on October 05, 2009, 12:04:02 PM
Yes i think the black looks better, might need to change the font colour to black on the albums so it is easilly readable at least on the artist names.
Dude, this must be a bug. I've changed the font colour to black previously (check previous post you'll see it was black) and I've stuggled with it but I got the font black. Now the font is white again by itself and I can't get it to change again. I've changed it to black in the skintool and saved it but when I start freebox it's white. ??? ???

Coffee

Woody

Gentelmen,

That is a bug that I previouusly reported, if you change the album or artist text color on the .cov screen it will always display as white on program start. The skintool seems to be setting them white when it opens the skin, therefore when you save the .cov files they are displayed as white. If you make your color changes then save the skin and .cov files it will still display as white on program start, but if you switch libraries it will load the propper colors. So as far as i can tell there are two bugs here.

Woody

Barcrest

These bugs will also be fixed tonight, look out for a new beta this evening.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Hi Barry

Can you also check where or how I can change the progress and volume images to GIF?

Coffee

Barcrest

Quote from: coffee on October 05, 2009, 05:18:44 PM
Hi Barry

Can you also check where or how I can change the progress and volume images to GIF?

Coffee

They can't be changed because of the controls they are using sorry.

Jukebox Stats...