Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Playlist cover resolution?

Started by rumackay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rumackay

Been mucking around with skin tool and am starting to get the hang of it...slowly  8)

One of the things on my wishlist in etouch is the ability to create top 100 lists (eg - top 100 for 1980) and the only way to do something like that currently is with playlists. Not the perfect solution atm, although I can work with it.

But I don't like the look of the default playlist screen, it's too awkward and the pics so tiny. I wanted a change so I knocked up the below page using the existing skin pics and resized the stuff in skintool.

The problem is that the album pics are still very low resolution, way less than any of the pics in the artist folders, and less than those on the album view. What can we do to change that, what am I missing?

I'd also love a way to display the name of the playlist, in this case I'd put it between the "more" arrows

While we're on requests - to select a song from the playlist you need to touch the label, which takes you to the song. Could we change that to make the pic the trigger? Or both?

Would it be a problem if the "more" arrows didn't scroll one song at a time, rather skipped to the next ten? Is there any benefit to scrolling one song at a time?

Still need a way to hide individual buttons on the playlist screen. Turning them on/off in options would be ideal. Obviously "load" wouldn't need to be hidden

Cover pics are only showing here and there. Sometimes they show and then I scroll one way and then back the other and some are gone, sometimes all

Gaucho

Have you tried using collections instead of playlists to make you top 100's using the CVR creator.

rumackay

I have, but collections only allow albums. I'm doing singles, and playlists seem to be working ok for that purpose, as well as letting people select songs directly from those lists

Gaucho

O.K. Sorry, I misunderstood that it was singles you were after.

I have sort of done a decades thing myself under collections but not top 100, everything.

I suppose the otherway to do it is create a folder with decade jpg in your music Library for each decade and copy the tracks there. Then use the CVR creator and collections that way.

Barcrest

Top 100 singles can be done with collections but you would have to have a folder per track and each track have it's own image. You then group those up into a collection. You would need to turn on jump straight to play options for single track in E-Touch as well.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

rumackay

Yeah I thought about duplicating tracks to work with collections but I really want to keep track of times played (hot hits) and doubling tracks would skew those figures (my inner stats nerd talking).

Either with collections or playlists I can't achieve 100% what I'm looking for atm but the playlist thing is working well enough and I'm happy to keep using it for this purpose

rumackay

Ok, getting back to my original questions/suggestions:

- Album pics in playlists are very low resolution. Option to change?

- Album pics only display sometimes but mostly only sporadically. Possible bug?

- Select songs by touching label. Change to album pic or both?

- Display the name of the playlist field?

- "More" arrows scrolling one item at a time. Change to similar to other lists, ie: ten at a time rather than scroll?

- Turning individual buttons (save playlist etc) can already be done, but through skin tool?

Barcrest

Those are all very good suggestions but there are more pressing bugs that need to be looked at first.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

rumackay

Not a problem, they aren't urgent and can wait. As long as they are in the list  :beer