Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Software "Skin" Standards

Started by Pinball, May 23, 2011, 04:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

I am trying to understand if there are some type of "Standards" that would be followed when developing and releasing new "Skins", etc..

When Barry provides a default or basic skin that has all of his updates to that point in it for the features that are supported, is there a "Standard" that says that any new "User developed" skin will contain the same level of features, ie.. Buttons?

I assume that when I load a "new" skin, it would have all the functionality of the old skins I have been using. 

I really like the V7 Red & Black as well as the Blue and Silver skins.

I need the "Add Entire Album Next" button added to these skins. I cannot find it. The box is checked in the settings that would allow the user to Play the Entire album next, but the button does not show on the screen when you click on the album.

When we find things that need to be addressed on "User developed skins", what is the procedure to follow? Is it correct to deal directly with the User developer or submit items to Barry for corrections and enhancements?

Thanks.

Randy

Barcrest

I do not support any skins other than those created by melself and even then it seems to take me a while to get them upto spec. The current beta should have the 800 x 600 BnB GIF almost complete and the 1024 x 768 should be complete. I did create a vertical skin that I will need to update at some point but aside from that it's down to who ever made the skin. You could of course update the skin yourself but you do need a certain amount of skill the create the images.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Pinball

Thanks Barry.  I cannot update this myself. The version 7 Silver and Blu and the Black & Red skins were done by Coffee, so I will appeal to him.

Coffee, can you add the Button for adding all the songs on an album NEXT in the queue, to the 2 above V7 skins? "Play Album Next"

Thanks.

Randy

coffee

Quote from: Pinball on May 23, 2011, 04:54:32 PM
Thanks Barry.  I cannot update this myself. The version 7 Silver and Blu and the Black & Red skins were done by Coffee, so I will appeal to him.

Coffee, can you add the Button for adding all the songs on an album NEXT in the queue, to the 2 above V7 skins? "Play Album Next"

Thanks.

Randy

I am aware of this issue and it is on my to-do list. I'm waiting for changes that will be made to the search functions so I can update all the skins at once.
I'm busy with some skins for myself and I see if I can set some time apart for this.

Pinball

Thank you Coffee. I really like both of these 2 skins. Nice job!