Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

overthinking my setup,,need advice

Started by draginit, July 04, 2011, 02:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

draginit

I ultimataly want to have my karaoke up on the big screen and the visuals and videos would just be an added bonus.  And ideally keep my current dual screen setup untouched and have the projector just show exactly what is on the second screen.

is it as simple as getting an s-video splitter? ???  providing the projector i choose to buy has svideo input course...anyone else running cloned screens or multiple monitors? what did you do?

ok,,so i guess im just looking for advice on best way to go about hooking it up to have all 3 screens work at the same time,,,the 3rd screen just cloning exactly whats on the 2nd screen of course....

here is foto of setup, to help make sense of advise request...

Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

ecbrad

2 video cards. We run triple monitors on some workdtations here in the office. You just need 2 video cards as long as at least one of them has 2 output ports. Almost all now include a VGA and DVI so use both. You can clone screens on 2 of them and a separate output on the third.

Brad

Barcrest

No i think a splitter is the easiest way. I know you can split a VGA signal with just a splitter cable but SVideo i am not so sure about. In my juke there is a splitter to output to 5 screens via composite video and that is some sort of small circuit board but it may only be required because of the amount of outputs it has. I think multiple graphics cards is overkill for what you want.

EDIT: Svideo splitters come in cable form and are very cheap, i just did a google search.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

leeclark2612

The video jukeboxes we put out still use 'composite' which is the phono plug type, you can buy a ready made board intended for audio that has 4-8 phono sockets and solder links between all of the sockets, giving you as many outputs as you need. most s-video out based cards give you an adaptor to convert to phono anyway so you could just attach it to that...personally i would buy the vga splitter that Barry mentioned, cost around £5 from most electronics shops, and run a long vga cable to your projector...no loss in pic quality that way, s-video and phono can look nasty depending on what card you use...