Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Trial question

Started by chuggie, September 06, 2011, 07:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuggie

Hello,

This is my first experience with creating a jukebox.  My friend and I run a tailgate for the Cleveland Browns.  We recently converted an old camper trailer to a tailgate vehicle.  With the added storage space we added a nice receiver and a couple of higher quality speakers.  In the past we used an iPod an just created a playlist for music.  Since we upgraded our sound system we decided to upgrade our media player also.  I bought a touch screen monitor and would like to use a jukebox software to stop people from skipping songs, and generally limit their access to the computer.

So there is the back story, here is my question, thanks for sticking with me until this point.  I have narrowed down to two different pieces of software.  Both appear to do what I want.  This one, obviously and Touchtone.  I would like to test the software at an actual tailgate party this Sunday.  Touchtone has the limitation on there demo of 30 days and 300 tracks.  While I have no problem with the 30 days since I will register the software if it fits the bill, the 300 tracks will not work at all.  Does E-Touch have any limitations on the demo?  Again, the time limit is fine, but track limits or anything limiting usability hurts.  Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

Chuck

Barcrest

Only the 30 minute play limit. It will end after 30 minutes but you can re-launch it again. You might also want to look at the support on the software you pick and how quick they release fixes and updates. Some software out there has not been developed or supported for a while.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

E-touch is the way to go, when i was building my juke i spent months lookin for the right software to put on it. The 30 min trial is not a worry as etouch can be set up to save the playlist on shutdown so when you restart etouch the selected songs are all there, If you get stuck, ask and someone will answer your questions and the best thing about etouch is its fully customisable by changing the way it looks 

E-touch mate. is the way to go
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

chuggie

Thanks for the replies guys!  I've played with the software last night, and love it so far.  I may just run with it, it looks like it will fit nicely. 

Chuck

Barcrest

There are quite a few nice skins that change the look if you don't like the default look of the app.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...