Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

windows 7

Started by thefonz848, November 27, 2011, 11:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefonz848

Is anyone running Etouch with windows 7? does everything work?Audio,Video and karaoke?does it work smooth? I think I'm having touchscreen issues because of the XP, Driver problems,so I'm thinking about switching to windows 7. any advice?

_Tommie_

Ik works very good and stable Audio and Video, running on 2 screens.
I havent got a frozen juke since its active in the bar.

I could not make crossfading work and Karaoke is untested,

BUT, Win7 has some restrictions on several directorys. Its best NOT to install Etouch in a Program Files directory.
Also, in commercial use, you have to make sure 'gestures' is disabled for the touchscreen, because someone could run the virtual keyboard with it.

Its also recomended to run Etouch with administration rights.

Config needs to be ran with admin rights and Credit module to.
So starting the machine unatended needs some tweaking.

If I remember something else to consider, I'll write it in this thread.
Greetz
Tommie

Norman Marshall

Win 7 will play all videos and audio but i couldnt get karaoke to work
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

thefonz848

Yeah I see the Cdg. files won't work,But if you get Karaoke in AVI format they'll work.Thanks for responding.

thefonz848

Gave up on win7,bought new touchscreens and switched back to XP!!!

Barcrest

It appears that the online streaming still works if you have windows 7??? Anyone else confirm this.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Wow, the feedback on this is the exact opposite of what I have found.

First off, I couldn't get karaoke to work properly on XP. On Win 7 is works great, much better.
And to top it all off, I'm using Win 7 Embedded which is much more difficult to set up.

What I've done is to install E-Touch on the root of the drive (C:/E-touch V7) and not in program files.

What I did find with karaoke is that if you edit the mp3 tags you can not use the Artist, Album Artist and Album name fields in the Version 2 tags of the mp3. These fields causes problems and strange behaviour and need to be left blank. I only entered the genre, track name and year fields in the version 2 tags.

My new system with Win 7 must be ready in the next 2 week so I'll let you guys know if I find something strange.

Barcrest

I use artist and album tags in my karaoke and don't see a problem. Can anyone else confirm that the online streaming works in windows 7 because one user has sent me a video of it working. If it's not windows 7 that makes it work then he must have done something else that might get it working for us all.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Quote from: Barcrest on December 19, 2011, 07:23:54 PM
Can anyone else confirm that the online streaming works in windows 7
Mine works.

Risim

Quote from: _Tommie_ on November 28, 2011, 03:10:14 PM

Also, in commercial use, you have to make sure 'gestures' is disabled for the touchscreen, because someone could run the virtual keyboard with it.

How do I disable gesture from win 7?! I tried googling it but I cant get a straight answer?