Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Swipe

Started by time pilot, December 08, 2011, 05:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

time pilot

I searched the forums and didn't see much discussion of swipe- did I miss it?

I just updated, so I'm playing with it for the first time. I'm wondering what the these settings do:

Swipe Value
Swipe Animation Value

I've varied them a bit, but I haven't seen any change in response. Perhaps I'm not varying them enough. What is the range of values?

One issue I'm getting, is that pretty frequently, an album will get selected when I swipe. Can I adjust the sensitivity of the swipe with the above parameters or do I need to try adjusting the touch screen's sensitivity? I'm just using a resistive touch screen, so I'm not sure how much latitude I'll have.

Thanks!

Barcrest

Swipe value is amount of pixels you have to drag over for it to be considered a swipe. The animation value is there to slow the animation down which is noticible if you enter a large number. The is assuming you are not having the issue where the animation is running really slow which seems to affect some people for an unknown reason.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

time pilot

The animation is smooth and looks very nice, but it does not display until a few seconds after a swipe is detected. I'm running in a 2.4 GHz dual core, so maybe that is a little slow for processing the page before the animation?

Still working on the button-press detection. Seems a button press is registered sometimes before the swipe is detected (and therefore an album is opened instead). Looking for a way to reduce the sensitivity of the touchscreen, but I haven't found it yet. Using the 3M/microtouch driver.

-TP