Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Differing Volumes

Started by Barcrest, September 12, 2016, 02:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Anyone tried anything mentioned here to fix the differing volume issue?

http://superuser.com/questions/357828/how-can-i-prevent-sudden-audio-peaks-while-gaming

I might see if my driver has access to that built in windows option, even if it only makes it slightly better it is easy to try out.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Talk about walking into a minefield I presume you are talking about gaming here rather than jukebox?

Pretty much most standard audio devices are the same now long gone are the days of having an equaliser the same happens with all kind of audio unless you are paying thousands for audio equipment then pretty much most audio is going to be stuck.

When I brought my first surround sound it was not cheap or a shit brand so my test is always star wars, however from a kid remembering how the star destroyer bounced across the cinema I don't get that at home not even on my new system and blu ray. I watched 1 to 3 this weekend and it is always the same background music plays behind me louder than the dialogue.

Sound really is how the sound engineers produce it and they have to downgrade it for lower end systems you honestly will never come fully close to having perfect audio.

One example I have my home cinema hooked up to the same sound system I am using HDMI for the computer or this one onboard sound and in my cabinet I have a soundcard and a tos cable the audio is 100% better I hear guitars in both ears where with HDMI it sounds more sterero than anything.

So a decent sound card and a tos cable to carry audio rather then HDMI is the key.

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

You have the wrong end of the stick i was referring to how mp3's can be different volumes, the stuff talked about there is helpful with this. I have not had time to look at it as i have just added streaming back as an option so you don't have to wait for it to download on slower internet connections. This might help me out on thursday, at least for play now tracks not checked it out fully and it will need beta testing.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

I am with you now, so you want something on the fly to equalise sound. A hell of a job on your hands then.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

ecbrad

Well MP3Gain is the tool of choice for already downloaded tracks but streaming is another thing altogether. Windows has a setting: http://lifehacker.com/5986236/normalize-the-sound-volume-on-your-pc-with-windows-loudness-equalization-setting

Not sure how effective it is however. I know VLC has the option. I wonder if there is a plugin for WMP since this is the engine for E-Touch?

It seems that you really want a compresser:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_range_compression

Brad

Barcrest

Yes there have been threds about this before and the conclusion was that a hardware compressor gives the best results. I have been looking at doing it in windows again due to me running the juke off a tablet to a bluetooth speaker. I just wanted to improve that set up.

Jukebox Stats...