Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Simple Full Screen FE suggestions?

Started by dbeeks1, September 09, 2009, 05:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbeeks1

Can anyone recommend a simple front end to launch a couple of applications?  I would like it to run at startup, have a couple of big buttons in the center of the screen to launch E-Touch and TouchMaster 5000 (MameUI+rom) and maybe one or two other apps, a way to close it (maybe X in the upper right) and a button to shutdown the PC.

I'm considering Flash, but it's been a long time and I'm not sure how nice I can make it look.
Also, why re-invent the wheel if there is already a solution out there.

Thanks
"Turn the jukebox up," he said dancing in irreverance, "Play C-3 let the song protest."

fordman

I use SimpleTouch FE or simple touch front end.

it can be downloaded here: http://home.online.no/~llindga/stfe.htm

I use it on my jukebox and have made the jukebox 100% keyboard and mouse free! Easy to set up and cutomizable to your taste! Just have it boot up to it when start up either a shortcut in the startup folder or use instantsheller to boot it up.

:beer

Fordman

dbeeks1

Thanks Fordman!  I gave it a look.  It seems to do everything I'm looking for.  I had to play with the settings a bit.  I need to work on a skin though.  If I'm only launching 3 apps, I don't like seeing the empty squares.
"Turn the jukebox up," he said dancing in irreverance, "Play C-3 let the song protest."

Bondy

Hey Fordman

Ive took your advice and downloaded SimpleTouch FE im a little unsure as to how i set it up as i didnt seem to get any set up file any tips for this program mate ??

Thanks

Nic
What Dont Kill Me Only Makes Me Stronger ..... !!

Barcrest

You could download the wii frontend i made on here. It should work, i have used it a few times.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...