Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

help !!!!

Started by corus75, February 04, 2010, 10:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corus75

Help anybody?

when I click on an album like : The Beatles / The Who 'etc' . The artist name is set ok (the beatles at the top) but underneith the next screen main album pic it says :  'beatles,the'

I've just done all the fanart and thats ok for everything except the artist begining with 'THE'

on the main screen of any artist the fanart comes on, but not for artist with 'THE' infront.
however when I press a track the fanart shows up for that artist, so it's just the main screen that's not playing ball.

**I've ticked and unticked the option to swop the artist name from 'the beatles' to 'beatles the' in config but this is not the issue as the artist name is ok, cos I did all the fanart from artist file.

I've re-installed - what am i missing???

At the moment I cant' understand why its only these albums.

Please tell me i've missed missed something simple?? 

Loud is not loud until the neighbours dare knock on the door!!
(even then you've got a few more hours)

Cary_B

Your right, I never noticed that. 

All my artists that start with 'THE', they show on the main album screen as 'BEATLES, THE', and also on the track listing screen the same way.  But the now playing screen shows them as THE BEATLES.  Also, fan art works on all screens except the Track listing screen for these titles.

One thing I did notice was AC/DC gives me troubles.  I have the artist listed as AC/DC, but the .cvr file gets named AC-DC.  And I have to name the Fanart.jpg ACDC.  No real consistancy here.

corus75

what i did was copy all the artist.cvr file to my laptop then then get a pic and copy the artist name.cvr to the pic.jpg so i knew I had it exactlly the same.

There was a few that had an extra space for some reason after the name (ACDC .cvr)

So glad you noticed it to. I've had a few beers and re-installed a few time and looked at the screen in a trance for hours hoping something would click. lol.

ref to your acdc prob, i had the same issues with symbols such as & but when i did as mentioned above by just copy/paste the .cvr files names over the jpg it worked fine.

mr_doles

I actually posted something similar to this in the Support and Bug Reports section.  It is the exacat opposite of your issue though.  For me it fan art shows on the main screen but not on the track.

corus75

I think you issue is the option in config to change artist name from 'The Beatles' to 'Beatles, The' is ticked.
This changes the artist name but the fan art file wont change so it won't select it anymore.
After un-ticking you need to regenerate music.

mr_doles

I agree that unchecking that will fix the problem but it should not be a problem.  I like Name, The and the software allows for it in everyway.  The bug is in the track listing for fan art, works fine for the main page.

MacGyver

Quote from: mr_doles on February 05, 2010, 12:20:58 PM
I agree that unchecking that will fix the problem but it should not be a problem.  I like Name, The and the software allows for it in everyway.  The bug is in the track listing for fan art, works fine for the main page.

I agree; or at least that's the way things are working for me as well. I'm glad this discussion got started as it was my intention to start a thread on this when I logged in tonight. For a while I thought it was the beer-goggles too.

corus75

I Fixed this problem by : copying all the .CVR files in the artist folder for the artist with 'The' in front and renamed each one as 'Rolling Stones, The' (remember space after commer).

Then did the same for the fanart folder.

This way it now looks for both, The Rolling Stones & Rolling Stones, The.

If your collection was already set up as Rolling Stones, The. Then just do it the other way round.

Hope This Helps everyone else!

Cheers

mr_doles

That just seems like too much work and too much duplication.  Plus what happenes when you get another Rolling Stones CD you got to remember to do it again.  I think that this is just a simple bug for that one page to look for Name, The.

corus75

No not at all !!
I have lots of albums like this and it took 10minutes just by copy & pasting ',The' in the right place.
And when its done thats it you wont need to keep doing it (you only have one fanart.jpg for each artist).
You'll only need to do this when you put a completlely new artist on with 'The' in front.

Aussie-Adam

I have the same problem , and I worked out a quick fix.

All the bands that I have with "The" in their name, I just create a copy of their fanart image, and rename it...

The Doors.jpg   ->  Doors, The.jpg

Works for me  :D

Barcrest

Quote from: Aussie-Adam on February 09, 2010, 07:02:05 AM
I have the same problem , and I worked out a quick fix.

All the bands that I have with "The" in their name, I just create a copy of their fanart image, and rename it...

The Doors.jpg   ->  Doors, The.jpg

Works for me  :D

That is basically what i did, i am not sure why the name being used is different on ifferent screens though. As it wasn't a major hastle to create a few copies of fanart i didn't really look into it too much.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

corus75

Hi,
I've also noticed that when the artist name is set as 'the beatles', Because it shows as 'beatles,the' on the album view there are no quick jump albums for these artists,

this name issue was easilly solved for fanart by duplicating the jpg and remaming in both tittles as you said but is there a simple solution to this without selecting all artists name to be 'beatles,the' so the artists name at the bottom of the album view shows as 'the beatles'.

Cheers