Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Is this possible .. or maybe request

Started by JosephShelton, February 07, 2010, 09:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JosephShelton

Okay, I've recieved quite a bit of help here and have been nothing but happy with the program and all the assistance.  So I though I may as well post this question and see.

On the screen where it shows the album covers, Is it possible to set it up where it would show just a list of artists?  Then a person could select an artist and see their albums like on the album select screen?

If that makes sense to anyone I hope it came out right where it does bit if not I can try and explain more.

Thanks,

Joe

Rob_Hendley

Yeah I thought about that - or display the artist as the same list as the albums, but use the fanart as the album cover, and then when you click the artist it shows all the album covers.

Probably a lot of work though

JosephShelton

Yeah something to that effect.  Even without the art even just a list of artists as words would be good.  The idea is for a tiny like.. seven inch screen.  so if you had the buttons you needed and the covers would not take up much space on the screen where you could get at least 4 to 6 artists listed and be able to tell what they are.

corus75

I press filter search then select artist. This gives a list of all artist and then shows all their albums on the main screen.
Loud is not loud until the neighbours dare knock on the door!!
(even then you've got a few more hours)

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

JosephShelton

Oh it is. Well I guess I am missing it somehow.
I see the filter search stuff ... well then i am at a loss and need to learn how to make that my selection screen and stay that way when the program starts though.  But that don;t mean nothing most of my difficulty I've had has been my own doing so far.  I guess I can try figure it out from there.

Though I may be back, lets see how it goes.

JosephShelton

Okay either I am just totally missing it or it is not working for me.

So let me see if I am doing it right.

I go to the menu section and select General Settings

From there I look at the default dagabase\filter
Select audio and artist filter

save settings and shut down.

Run the configuration and then restart the program.

Then after that is no different than it was.

It still show every album on the selections page from each artist when it starts up.

JosephShelton

Okay I think maybe I did not explain what I am trying to do in the right way.  I don't always do so good into putting what I mean into these posts but I'm working on it.

What I am wanting to do is not have the main screen show every single ablum in the database.
I want to set it up to just show each artist.
Then when I select an artist it would show a screen much like that album select that only had the albums for that artist.
I hope that makes more sense.

Hitbig

That's what E-touch does with the "artist" filter.
But before it works, you need to tag properly ypur collection into the artist tag and when you run the config you need to check "generate artist libraries"

bzpilot

It will always start at the main Album Screen.  But with one click you can be at the Artist Filter Page.

The main Album Screen is like a standard view for all jukeboxes and what most people are use to seeing, so that won't change.

If you're worried about the view on a small screen, you can also change the number of covers viewed per page - that is adjustable down to 6 (default view is 12).

E-Touch currently is a very graphic/visual jukebox and is moving even further that way.  It is not really set up currently for just listing artists and songs.  If Barry sees a lot of interest (aka donations towards it) he may add these options to just list items but that takes a ton of time to write the code for and time is $$$.  Most of the jukebox crowd is looking for more visual options not less.

fordman

As bzpilots said,

Its all in your tagging.

Get the tagging in order and you will have what you are seeking.

bzpilot is correct, 99% are wanting graphical based jukebox programs. There are plenty of text based ones that they are so easy to find that most arnt even updated anymore.

:beer

Fordman

JosephShelton

Well I think I am finally up to speed.

It seems for some reason that had been disabled on mine. I think maybe it got clicked accidentally.

Anyhow thanks for the help with that though It still seems a bit much for a tiny screen.  I'll try and play around and see what I can come up with.  For a few albums it is fine but when you start having a great many it becomes a lot of scrolling.  I've gotten everything so far tagged as I think it is correct also but I've been doing it through the properties on each file.

You guys are great here.  It's really nice to be able and come in and get assistance like this.

JosephShelton

Oh.. I totally forgot to mention this.

When I do use the filter. I have the set up done for 6 covers.

So what happens is I have the filter set to artist.
I click the artist and get taken to a screen with six covers for that artist.

That is awsome, however the problem is if I have more than six albums by that artist it does not show them.

I can use the up or down more and it only displays the same six.

So for example I have 9 REM albums.  I go through the filter and it shows me six of them.  But it leaves off the last few off and sometimes repeats one or more of them. I can't go up or down to get to them as it just shows another row of the same albums.

Is that just me or anyone else having that problem?

fordman

You should be able to use the More arrows up/down to browse through them.

then

If you cant get that to work, then delete these files in the c:\program files\e-touch jukebox\records.rec records.rex records.cvr

Then delete all the .cvr files in the genre folder also.

Re-run the config.

:beer

Fordman

JosephShelton

Well that cleared up a problem I was having with an error on startup and some album art issues.

However, I still can't browse the albums after being filtered.  It just continues to show the same ones over and over again when I go up and down.  Actually out of the six slots listed it only shows 5 different albums for some reason.

It's not a big deal at this point though. I'm not sure I'm going to be using that feature for a while just yet, but i am thankful for all the help with this.