Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Varying Volume levels on ripped dvd tracks for video playback

Started by patcariss, December 14, 2010, 06:50:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patcariss

Has anyone had this problem where different tracks from different ripped sources
play at varying volumes.

Not like high and low in the one song
One song is at one level and the next one is much more quiet and requires amp being turned up
But when it goes back to the other volume level, its too loud?

Any Ideas

Thanks

Pat

Barcrest

You need to use MP3 Gain to set them all to the same level i believe. Or if you want to get a bit more technical you can do it with an audio compressor which is a hardware solution.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

patcariss

Quote from: Barcrest on December 14, 2010, 10:31:20 AM
You need to use MP3 Gain to set them all to the same level i believe. Or if you want to get a bit more technical you can do it with an audio compressor which is a hardware solution.

Will this work with my video files that have the same issue or is the old way to cure the problem for them with the hardware option?

Thanks

Pat

Barcrest

Quote from: patcariss on December 15, 2010, 11:54:28 AM
Quote from: Barcrest on December 14, 2010, 10:31:20 AM

Will this work with my video files that have the same issue or is the old way to cure the problem for them with the hardware option?

Thanks

Pat

I think the app for those is called something like AVIGAIN there is also info on here somewhere about it. I have never bothered due to the amount of files I have and the time i figure it would take. Also I don't have a back up of them which makes me cautious maybe once i get a back up I might try it.

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

Is mp3 gain and avigain to replace ffd show?, Im using ffdshow as a sound normalizer but some videos are still a little quieter than others and some are louder than others so im getting the impression that ffdshow isnt doing its job properly, even though i have normalize enabled and ticked.
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Barcrest

it actually alters the files which is why i want to do it on a back up but no one here has reported a problem and i believe you can undo the process.

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

if you go on to mp3 gain page it directs you to set up mp3gain and acc gain together i have
used this for my videos [mp4]and it works great
if you cant set it up i can zip it up and send out to anybody that wants it

ecbrad

Looks like thats only for apple files. For AVI's try this one already configured:

http://emumovies.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/109-avi-gain-normalize-audio-emumovies-custom-build/

For MPegs I think you may need to customise the batch file

Brad