Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Stretched

Started by gfly3, July 15, 2011, 07:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gfly3

I really like the default V7 skin,especially with the mod pack for the now playing screen , but the monitor i'm using has a recommended resolution of 1440x900 which makes everything stretched out.
I have tried the widescreen skin but it goes clear off the screen and you cannot see most of it . Is there a skin that would work for that resolution available ? I tried to rescale with the skintool but that didnt work out so well ,  to be honest I really don't have a clue what I'm doing, so it's a good thing I worked from a copy, LOL .  I love this jukebox program but i'm a little overwhelmed with all the things involved , so I apologise for being a pain , I greatly appreciate any thoughts on this.
gfly3 
Always do sober what you said youd do drunk , that will teach you to keep your mouth shut ......

Norman Marshall

Try putting the screen resolution to the same size as the skin resolution, eg: if your skin is a 1024x768 skin make your screen resolution 1024x768. My screen has a recomended size of 1920x1080, but the skin im using is a 1024x768 so ive set my resolution to that size and everything is sweet, just because your screen says recomended resolution of 1440x900 doesnt mean you have use those settings,
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

gfly3

I reset my resolution to 1024x768 but it stll looks stretched out.. Is it because it's a wide screen ?
Always do sober what you said youd do drunk , that will teach you to keep your mouth shut ......

gfly3

Thanks GlennCarnell but it is definately still stretched when i set my screen res to 1024x768. It is a Samsung Syncmaster 932bw with an aspect ratio of 16:10... Are ther any skins around that fit that aspect ratio with a screen res of 1440x900 that don't look stretched out ? Or is my only option to try and sort it out with rescaleing in the skin tool, which seemed to leave alot of black spaces everywhere.

coffee

The closest would be the 1366x768 skins in the private skin section.

eist1

You can try one of these 1600x900 skins

These 1600x900 skins have been updated to support all of the V7.0.1 new functions (Online Search, Pop Up Player Controls and 0 on Pinpad)

Slider skin with Menu button to hide the less used buttons

This skin comes with cover files for 18 or 28 albums per page

http://www.iamkizer.net/freeboxjukebox/files/skins/V4skins/Updated Skins/Black_and_Blue_Slider_GIF_V7.0.0(1600x900).rar

Here's the 1600x900 with letters on top and arrows on the sides

This skin comes with cover files for 18 or 27 albums per page

http://www.iamkizer.net/freeboxjukebox/files/skins/V4skins/Updated Skins/Black_and_Blue_Letters_GIF_V7.0.0(1600x900).rar

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

gfly3

Thanks everyone , I'll give thes a try ....

gfly3

Is it possible to modify the size of the windowed mode and make it a little bigger or limit the size when running fullscreen to keep it from stretching all the way out ?? Maybe an .ini file that could be modified ?? I'm just trying to come up with the best option with the monitor I have so that it doesn't look stretched out .. Didn't really think it all the way through when I bought the addon touchscreen for it, lol ..

Harvez

I have had the same problems, I have a widescreen all in one monitor and the only skin which gets close to filling the screen and not going outside the edges is the 1366x768 skins.

Still have problems though if I change from fullscreen to normal screen.