Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Virtual Keyboard Request

Started by Norman Marshall, June 06, 2011, 01:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norman Marshall

Hi Guys,
          Would it be possible to add a extra button that would link to a virtual keyboard? For my juke i have a 19" touchscreen monitor on the wall and the pc cabinate is hidden out of sight, i am at pressent building a wirlitzer style cabinate and im going to be putting all the hardware in this so doing away with the keyboard and replacing it with a virtual keyboard could be useful especially when having to press Esc to enter the options screen. i have toyed with the idea of keeping the keyboard inside the cabinet but its going to be 5" tall by 4" wide and made from MDF so pulling it out to take the back off to get to the keyboard is going to be a problem. Could my request be possible?
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Barcrest

There are numerous virtual keyboards availble including on built into XP itself. No point me re-inventing the wheel with that one, maybe someone here can recommend one. I presonally just VNC into my juke across the network to make any changes that require a keyboard/mouse.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

bzpilot

could use a wireless usb keyboard also

Norman Marshall

Barry im using win 7 which doesnt have the virtual keyboard and my juke isnt connected to any network so i have no use for vnc, i want to keep my juke virus free so internet connectin is a no no, Im using a wireless keyboard at the minute but when im finished my new cabinate i was hoping to do away with the wireless stuff and go virtual.
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Barcrest

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=windows+7+virtual+keyboard  ;)

QuotePlease click on "Start" (Windows-Logo) then, execute "osk.exe" and Press [ENTER] (Picture-1).
See the On-Screen Keyboard (Picture-2)!
This is it!

OR:
Open On-Screen Keyboard by clicking the "Start" button , clicking "All Programs", clicking "Accessories", clicking "Ease of Access", and then clicking "On-Screen Keyboard" ;) .

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

well,,, i didnt know that, mind you when i went looking for it i typed virtual keyboard and not on screen keyboard so i assumed w7 never had it, thanks for that barry

Barcrest

Quote from: GlennCarnell on June 07, 2011, 02:54:01 PM
well,,, i didnt know that, mind you when i went looking for it i typed virtual keyboard and not on screen keyboard so i assumed w7 never had it, thanks for barry

Click the link i posted, you will see what i searched for.

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

Barry,
        Ive sat and pondered about the benefits of having the need to use a virtual keyboard whilst using etouch and the only benefit i can think of is to press the escape key to enter the options screen, then i thought if i leave the options button showing and create a password to enter the options screen this would eliminate the need to have a virtual keyboard thus, leaving this topic absolutely pointless

Whatta plonker i can be sometimes LOL