Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

something diferent

Started by mmalficia, August 02, 2008, 05:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmalficia

whelp just  figured ide  show folks what Ive been up to  ...    something a bit different with freebox  ...    don't mind the  different button styles  I'm just playing  finding something i like and  effects that work with  the  wrappers /plugins I'm working on...    yes its based on black n blue   :>   

album view

track select

now playing

and since pics dont do it justice

cheers Mmalficia

allroy

that looks AWESOME.   :beer

wonder how it'd run on my old PIII 800mhz..

Barcrest

Ok it doesn't look like you are using the transparency setting to show that vis, so do you care to share how you did it. Looks cool dude...
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

very nice.....I am slowly getting ready to work on a new skin.  I have the idea it's just getting the time to do it.  I will tell you it won't be the Jimmy Buffet one yet and it will have the same layout as the bnb skin we made just a much different look color wise.  I think the new buttons I make will look much better for what MMalficia is doing.

Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

mmalficia

well its just a wip yet   mostly focusing on what i can pull off  and still keep frame rates high  ..

and  well Barry actually this wasn't possible  until you  implemented transparency :>   so yea im using it sort off  ..      without getting to  techie atm..

its winamp with mildrop and a custom  fake full screen  plugin.

then theres a  big   invisible  autohotkey button  sandwiched between  freebox and the screen   with triggers transparency modes  (full app    , colorspace, none , hide freebox )

lastly a wrapper  for  the freebox display that  cookie cuts out anything that displays as  0,0,0,  and allows "fallthrough "  to  the button     while still forcing  freebox to maintain focus .

I'm using 4.07 atm but having some   issues with it  ..  mainly  the album screen doesn't seem to  show the correct albums all the time (missing albums or wrong  letters)

if theres nothing in the queue     or when it runs out it kills winamp ..(this dosnt happen in 220  so not sure why this is happeneing )

lastly as you can see from the old buttons  jps will NOT  work for this   (due too how  the format saves "best match" color compression)   so Ive been forcing  Freebox to use  gif's  and bitmaps were possible  but  some things seam to be hard coded  for jpgs  (cover not found for example).

thou  alot of the other screens i could create dummy jpgs   then hand edit the ini.s and freebox would take them 

on the skinning side of things   i cant seem to  get the hang of working with the cover file  ..   if i use skintool  to so much as change the font color  its crashing    and  not really sure were to start on  resizing/rearranging things     in that department

lastly  i DO plan on sharing this with folks  once its done  if theres interest (the plugin/wrappers)    but  atm its not  very idiot friendly    a big help would be at a minimum a hot key to turn transparency on/off    and  at  best a hook in the form of a dll  to the slider  if folks want to dynamically  change  transparency. (or just more hot keys whatever would be easyer)

Mmal 

Barcrest

The reason winamp is getting shut off is because that was part of the code when people were using milkdrop as a vis for music.... Are you using the option "Use winamp for vis"? if not then i need to look as see if it shuts off winamp when that option isn't set as it shouldn't. So for the transparency you want hotkeys to alter the value?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

mmalficia

ill check into the options  in a bit and see if thats whats causing  it ..
"just checked  theres nothing in the visualisation area of the  configs enabled  and it still kills winamp when the queues empty"

on the hotkeys
well at a minimum ide need  something to turn it on and off  ..  this is mainly to keep folks from getting stuck  on a full screen vis page ....  atm im just  hiding the freebox / milkdrop procceses from  the  screen render but thats  kinda crappy  since every time  yould update ide need to update  the plugins with the proccess ids. Much more stable and user freindly if it was just a hotkey  i could  call from the button script.   

and  then if folks want to dynamicly alter fullscreen trasparency  (not sure how  much  people would use that(but it does stack with my cookie cutter effect) )     yea ide need either  hot keys to the slider  or a  dll hook     ..

Mmal

BTW   Spanks for the promo  at BYOAC  :>   

mmalficia

started playing around with a new approach too last night. i "might" be able to make a script for the  vis display that  would catch clicks  and send them back to  the freebox  wrapper not sure how well it will work but trying it anywho .. or make a hotspot   ontop of freebox   and  just "hide" the vis  from the  system (no clicky interaction)

reason is  the button script ,  while it is  stable n solid   autohotkey  was never really intended to deal with  graphics apps  transparency ect ect,   so  that  transparent button  chews up ALOT  of  horsepower   comparatively.    ATM  i really dont think anything  pre dual core   would be able to run this   at a reasonable rate :>

either way it does work and im refining the code  ...  might ask the guru's over at   AHK  forum if they  know a better way  to  catch the  clicks  too..

as far as  touch screen stuff   how does  it work  with the system  is it  just  region clicks  or  does windows see  it as movement first ?    (i dont own but ide like to make sure this wrapper+script  set is compatible with pure touch screens too and if i remove the button i need to know how the inter action is happening so i can catch it)

and just incase  ya didnt see barry  i went back n eddited  my earlyer post    with all the options unchecked in the "vis " area of the tab  407 still kills winamp when the  queues empty

MMal

kizer

You know thats some crazy stuff right there. I showed my wife and she said it was to busy, but I think for a party or something that would be a HUGE eye catcher.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

mmalficia

well the point is  you can have both   just   click on a non active spot and the vis shows through     click again  you get full screen vis,  click again  and no transparency , not to mention you can tailor  milkdrop to only show the vis combos you want (set color schemes ect)  so its  a have your cake ,eat it too   approach with some extra bling   for  single screen users.

i actually started the code along while ago (im building  a theme based  arcade cabinet   (think bio mechanical ) and  this kinda juke box fit the theme perfectly. but  the only juke  that supported transparency at the time   i had serious issues with it crashing all the time  (virtuoso)   so i set to modding  some  but alas  nothing i found  was compatible  ..   then Barry saw a post i made somewhere else at a just beginning  jukebox  .. and  messaged  me   so i set to work again  ..   

funny part is  no one seemed  interested  till  i  could prove it does work  :>    now im getting  emails n  Friends   telling friends ect ect  lol       (got a friend whose a club dj  guy (think that's what you call em )  who's dieing to give this a try  on a big screen for a dance club (they curently  use it  with laser pointers to play plasma pong and the like  :>)  . 

Mmal