Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Windows Screensaver Slideshow

Started by bruceatkinson, February 13, 2016, 02:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bruceatkinson

Hi, I have set up Version 9 Jukebox on a W7 PC. As I had done on an old Version 2 System running on XP I set up the Screensaver to come on with a "My Photos" Slideshow after about a minute of no one touching the Touch-screen. Problem is now the Jukebox doesn't seem to allow the screensaver slideshow to come on. Is there anything I can do to make it work, either within the Jukebox configuration or Windows Configuration.
Cheers
Bruce

Mark Norville

I just tried this and my screen saver did come on, I used the photo screen saver.

However when I went to get rid of the screen saver the jukebox went into window mode and totally screwed up the display.

Bruce I would say that one minute of someone not touching the jukebox is a bit over kill though, I do not use a screensaver but if I had one turned on then it would be set to at least 10 minutes.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

bruceatkinson

Hi Mark, what I want is my photos displaying on the screen while the Jukebox is running, then just touch the screen to return to the Jukebox user screen. Then after a minute return to the photo slide show. That's what I had with the old V2 Jukebox running on XP, it just seems that this Version holds the screen and doesn't let it go to the screen saver slide show. Not sure what I need to do to get it to work the way the old one did. Cheers. Bruce.

Mark Norville

Barry will be on tomorrow so he will be able to say more especially regarding v2 as I only joined on v9.

On my testing though on a single screen the screen saver came on, but when I tried to get rid of the screen saver to use the jukebox again it would mess the screen up and show the jukebox as a window and then show a black box which should be screen two.

I can see that a screen saver would be good in some respects in a commercial aspect as it would be good advertising so Barry might want to address this more for you.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Gaucho

Not sure what skin you are using but this is al available by configuring the attract mode.

Barcrest

As goucho says the best way is using the attract mode. It sounds like the screen save doesn't grab the screen correctly and as such is behind E-touch. I would use attract mode or find a different screen saver to do what you want. Sounds like the one mark is using works but doesn't se the resolution back correctly on exit.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...