Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

coversmall conversion bug?

Started by alarsuel, September 20, 2010, 04:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alarsuel

I've been through the long process of getting my tags right and the artwork out of the tags and into "folder.jpg" so that e-touch can recognize them.  I'm running into a two problems:

1st: Perhaps 10% of my artwork will not extract from the tag into "folder jpg".  I've tried music monkey and tag&rename.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  I select the tracks and the programs say no artwork to transfer.  This isn't a huge issue, and not really a Freebox problem, just looking for ideas.

2nd: The freebox issue:  I go through  the config and tell it to "generate a thumbnail".  I check "don't overwrite".  I have tried this 3 times, and every time I get the same result: some coversmalls are fine and most are saved in the wrong folders.  In other words, the cover.jpg and coversmall.jpg don't match in most folders.

Thanks for the help.  I definitely want to buy the full version of the program, it looks great from messing around with it, but I gotta get this figured out first.

alarsuel

Nobody has any idea why the E-Touch config would put half of my coversmall jpg's in the wrong folder?

Barcrest

The only option i can suggest is making the cover smalls manually. I only added the option as a sort of temporary thing you would get better results doing it manually with something like IRFANVIEW which is free and supports batch image processing with better quality than the config can produce.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

alarsuel

Thanks, I'll try that.  Is there a special way to get the config to recognize them if I do them myself.  Which options should I select regarding the thumbnail creation?

Barcrest

If you manually make the images then just call them cover.jpg for the large ones and coversmall.jpg for the small ones. You can specify the names in E-Touch if you are using different names. You don't need to have the smaller image it just helps speed up page browsing.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

alarsuel

Thanks for the help.  Paypal sent.