Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Cover Art Error Codes (481 and 76)

Started by alarsuel, September 22, 2010, 09:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alarsuel

I wasn't sure if I should post another thread, but I am because my issue is more specific and I have tried some troubleshooting.  I'll try to give as much detail as possible both to help in trying to solve the problem and also to try to help anyone else with the same problem.

I have approx. 2000 albums, all with a cover.jpg in the folder.  These album folders are under their respective artist and contain the tracks for that album.  I have the newest version of e-touch, 6.0.06, I believe.  I run the config tool selecting all 3 options for picture creation:

Generate Image Thumbnail
Copy & Rename First Cover Found
Do Not Overwrite Thumbnails

Source Cover Name is "cover.jpg"
Thumbnail Name is "coversmall.jpg"
New Size is 170 X 170

I select Generate Library and do not receive any errors during library creation, database building, etc.  No errors anywhere.  When it is done I start E-Touch and then the problem begins:

E-Touch has saved coversmall.jpg's that do not match the album.  More clearly, some of the coversmalls do not match the covers.  If I touch an album with an incorrect cover, I get the following error message:

Error Occurred: 481
Description: Invalid Picture
Module: Form 1
Function: Track_List2

I hit "OK', then touch a track on the album and get the error message:

Function Show_Play_Options

I hit "OK" again and then hit "Play Now" and get the error message:

Function: Image*_Click (* can be any number referring to the album)

The song will, however, eventually play.

The steps I have taken to try to resolve this:

I have checked to make sure all of my covers are jpg's.

I have deleted all coversmall files and run the config again with similar results

I have deleted a bad coversmall and run update in the config.  This gave me a white box where cover should have been.

I have run the config with a few different combinations of options with creating thumbnails.  This led to Error 76, path not found and no covers showing at all.

I have created one of my my own coversmalls using IrfanView and updated using the config to test.  This gives the correct picture, but still gives the same 481 error when trying to select that album.

I'm not sure what else to try.  Hopefully somebody has some ideas to fix this.  Sorry for the long post, but I'm trying to be detailed so it is easy to see what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks again,

Aaron

Barcrest

Does your cover.jpg open ok? You might have corrupted them. You do not need to copy first cover found because you already have them as cover.jpg so this is the first issue and it might be causing your corrupt images and or your wrong images for the coversmall. If you already have a correct cover.jpg in each album folder then all you need to do is select generate thumbnails and that is the only the option. I recommend you delete all your coversmall.jpg's and start again with only that one option enabled. Test this on small subset of say 10 albums and be sure eveything is working before comitting everything.

As i have said previously the best way is to batch generate them using something like IRFANVIEW.

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

alarsuel

OK, I don't think I tried just create thumb nail as the only option.  I'll try that after deleting all of the coversmalls.  All of my cover.jpg's open up fine.  If I can't get the coversmalls to work, how do I just use the regular covers?  If I leave all 3 options blank, I don't see any covers at all.  I'm willing for the scrolling speed to be reduced for 100% correct covers.

Barcrest

Under e-touch options just set the smaller cover filename to also be cover.jpg and it will use the same image.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...