Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Power Off button on main screen

Started by Raddy, July 09, 2008, 11:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raddy

Howdy,

Any chance of having the Power Off button on the main screen as a button option?

I'd like to be able able to allow my guests to shutdown the juke without having to go to the options menu.

Also, having trouble getting karaoke (CDG) to run. It worked with V2, but since I have upgraded to V4 it doesn't.

I can choose the song, but it just hangs (only displaying the cover art) until I pick another song (other than karaoke).

bzpilot

The main reason the power off button resides on the options screen is so it can be protected from users turning the jukebox off.

I see in your instance this isn't the case but Freebox is used in both residential and commercial applications and moving the button to the main screen would not be praticle in many of these situations.

To put a power off button on the main screen would cause the programers to rewrite not only the freebox jukebox code but to also change the skin images for the jukebox.  Seems that the best situation is to just tell your guests where the power button is if it something that you want them doing.  The options already exist in Freebox to lock down by pin all options including the power off button.  I suggest locking down all but the power off option.

As for the issues with your Karaoke files I believe this is a known bug in version 4.0.0.7.  See if it is the same as described in #3 here: http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=876.0

If so, it is known and will probably be corrected in version 4.0.0.8, do out anytime now.

Raddy

Thanks.

Glad the karaoke is a known problem and trust it will be fixed soon.