Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

trying out freebox

Started by cybersimon, September 24, 2009, 12:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cybersimon

Hi all,

I downloaded the freebox V5.00.17 demo last night to give it a go on my touch screen jukebox, and I must say I was very impressed.

I think this program will suit my needs pefectly, and I'm keen to upgrade to the full version.
I've just got one problem so far - The buttons on the 1024x768 skin go sort of "blocky" when they are pressed. I'm not sure how else to explain it. The graphics all appear fine except the buttons when you press them.

Is this likely to be something wrong with my setup in particular, or is it something that is fixed in the full version?

fordman

Hello Cybersimon!

You are correct! E-Touch is GREAT! You will find out that E-Touch is really easy to use as well as the support you get from the E-Touch Author Barry and the E-Touch crowd is second to none! When you decide to upgrade to the full version, it will be one of the best pieces of software you have bought!

As for your question:

Was the pic below what you were questioning?

The pic says it all!

:beer

Fordman

cybersimon

Hi fordman,

Thanks for the reply, yeah you've got it, that image shows exactly what I'm talking about.

I realise that it is like that to simulate a button being pressed down, but I guess the reason it caught my eye was that the button graphics look a bit harsh when the button is depressed. I'm probably nitpicking, but I wonder if this is something that could be fixed in the future to make the interface that little bit slicker?

fordman

So, you mean like, when the button is pressed, it lights up or changes color or something like that?

Hmmmm.......

:beer

Fordman

coffee

Mmmmm, a request is coming.  :D ;D

cybersimon

Quote from: fordman on September 24, 2009, 03:34:51 AM
So, you mean like, when the button is pressed, it lights up or changes color or something like that?
Well I'd settle for the buttons just looking a bit nicer when they are pushed in, but yeah I like the lighting up idea.
Will have to purchase the full version and then make a humble request  ;)

Cary_B

You do realize that if you have any photoshop skills at all, you can change the buttons to look like whatever you want?  You can even design a skin from scratch.

Aussie-Adam

If I only had some skills like that  :P