Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Fanart location

Started by wyzer, March 10, 2010, 04:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wyzer

Hello to everyone,

New here, been lurking for few weeks and finally donated.  First off, my hats off to Barry and everyone who contributes to this fantastic program. This is exactly what I was after, clean, simple to use and looks great. 

I am building a dedicated touch screen jukebox and have a question. Can I have E-Touch look for fanart in a different location? I would like to keep the art on a separate partition with my music.

wyzer

I still have not found the answer to my question. No luck searching the site and cannot find any reference to the fanart location in the etouch configuration file.

Any help would be appreciated

urbecrisch

Why do you want them on a different partition?

wyzer

I want to create a restore image of the windows partition in case something happens like I screw something up messing around or maybe the system slows down after awhile.

If the fanart is on the image, I will lose any art I add after. I will back up all my fanart anyway, but the way I would like to set it up, once the restore finishes (less than 10 min.) I will just need to run the e-touch config and the jukebox is up and running again right where I left off.

bzpilot

Well you can either run an automated backup of the FanArt directory to your Music partition every 24 hours (very easy to setup) or just install E-Touch to your music partition.  Remeber FanArt is not the only images that reside in the E-Touch directory.  You'd probably also want to add the Genre and Years images to the backup.

wyzer

Thanks for the suggestions. I like the batch file idea but I guess I will just keep it simple. I will keep a working copy of the fanart in my music directory and copy it back over if I ever do a restore.

I will do the same with the genre and years images as well.

Thanks for the help