Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Getting video to show on a cloned desktop

Started by WYC, June 09, 2010, 05:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WYC

Hi, am running an old setup with a 5700 nvida (i think. Those drivers are working for it so they are where i stopped looking)

I can get the wmp visualisations and videos to play on the tv, set as the second monitor in duelview mode, by setting freebox to use screen 3.

This works fine at the moment but i need to be able to get the video to show up on the second screen when the desktop is cloned. I have tried changing the screen numbers in freebox but cant seem to get the video to show up. I have a feeling that the video might be hidden behind freebox, but i dont know how to move it to the front, or even if it is possible to have the video running on the second screen when they are cloned.

This machine is no longer just a jukebox, but it is also moving into a coaching tool, as well as being available for hire for conferences, so i need to have it set up so that people can just log on and have what they are looking at show up on the projector.

I know there isnt a lot of usefull into here but if you have any ideas, or let me know what you need to know and ill go find it out.

Cheers Guys

Barcrest

You can't clone it you have to extend the desktop.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

WYC

Thanks, looks like its back to the drawing board. Ill have to find a way to change from duel view to clone for certain users.

Barcrest

Set it up for dual view and then use a switch box and a splitter. Use the switch box to switch between the showing the main screen and second screen. By splitting the main signal videos will also show on that second screen.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

WYC

Thats not a bad idea. Except for the added cost of the switch box. And having to convert the main screen signal to svideo.
The way the machine is set up, everything from the jukebox's sound and now second screen via video out, to the dvd player and ipod dock in the cabinet can either be sent to the kenwood 5.1 surround amp in the cabinet or wirelessly to an av receiver allowing the clubs existing and setup to spread the sound outdoors, and the video up onto the now ordered projector screen, or existing tv. Its not a bad setup, now that its almost finished. Shame its worth bout 4 nd a half grand.

I checked with my mate google about command prompt manipulations of the nvidia settings and found this forum here:
http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/9392-command-line-setting-nview-with-multiple-monitors/

Copied and modified what they said to suit nd saved it at a batch file in the startup folder of each user, putting either the duel-view or clone command in. Works a treat for both the conference and update users, but not so with the launch jukebox one, with the etouch shortcut in the startup folder aswell. Having each user, reset the setting back to duel-view when they log off will hopefully be the solution. Just thought id put the link in here incase anyone else mite have a similar problem.

Cheers guys for your help. And funnily enough this jukebox gets used more by the over 60's than the rest of us put together. Hard to figure when they couldn't change the cd in the cd player.