News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Does fullscreen mode disable screensavers?

Started by takemehome, August 15, 2009, 09:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

takemehome

I just noticed that my screensaver does not kick in when in fullscreen mode. Is there a setting somewhere in E-touch or XP that I need to change?

Barcrest

It doesn't disable screensavers, i know this as i had to disable screensavers on 3 machines i built today because they kept kicking in.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

takemehome

Any ideas why mine isn't kicking in? Screensavers work fine when e-touch is not running or is running in a window. But no screensaver ever comes on when I run e-touch in fullscreen. The XP power management (to turn off the monitor) doesn't either.

I'm running XP with e-touch on my primary monitor (have not enabled second monitor in e-touch settings) and winamp with milkdrop vis running fullscreen on my second monitor. I'd really love to get a screensaver working. Any suggestions?

fordman

By chance are you using tinyXP or a nLitedXP? As those two XP versions have very limited or no  screensaver functions when another application is being used. The tinyXP and nLitedXP's are just to get you going with the basics and the screensavers work when nothing else is running.

Just asking!

Fordman

takemehome

Quote from: fordman on August 17, 2009, 03:19:19 AM
By chance are you using tinyXP or a nLitedXP?

Nope. Just standard XP that came with the system. Its an old Dell desktop.

Barcrest

I would assume that the screensaver you are using doesn't take the forground properly hence you can still see freebox running. What screen saver are you using? Try it with one of the default XP ones and you should see that it works fine.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

takemehome

I think I have it sorted now. I changed my windows desktop resolution to match the skin resolution, and it works fine now. Guess I should have tinkered a bit more before posting. Thanks anyways for the replies!