News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

E-Touch Window problems, minimizing , and pause button in Touchgeni skin?

Started by steviaceevia, October 27, 2015, 02:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steviaceevia

ever since I started using 9, after I have it  open a little while, it leaves a black square that covers up half of my desktop, and the only way to get rid of it is to close it. I really want to use E-Touch to pretty much exclusively be my music playing software (For a while now I've only used VLC & others just temporarily on new music I haven't tagged properly & added to library), and since it takes a while to load up, leaving it open is really the only way to do this, to quickly play a song whenever I feel...which leads me to ask..is there any plans to be able to minimize it in future versions? That would make things so much easier to navigate too, instead of having to drag it around or have it clutter up other windows (black square on screen or not)..I really love this program, but never quite understood why there was never a minimize/maximize/close buttons on the top right corner like nearly every other program I can think of lol..

Another thing, I just switched to Touch Geni again to see if the black square was a skin issue (which it's not, happens with both)..anyways I havent spent a great deal of time on it, but is there not a pause button on the mini-player ?? Id think there'd have to be but I cant seem to find any setting that looks like it has to do with that so far

& finally, any word of new/forthcoming skins?

Stevie

Barcrest

Touchgeni click the speaker top right to bring up the player options of skip, restart and pause along with volume. Other skins have it in different places. The reason there is no minimize is the software is really supposed to be run full screen. The windowed option is really for testing everything before running it full screen.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

steviaceevia

Quote from: Barcrest on October 27, 2015, 09:56:01 AM
Touchgeni click the speaker top right to bring up the player options of skip, restart and pause along with volume. Other skins have it in different places. The reason there is no minimize is the software is really supposed to be run full screen. The windowed option is really for testing everything before running it full screen.

Ok....yea that makes sense for people running it on touch screen jukeboxes, but be ideal for someone like me who uses it all day for playing music on my laptop while going online and doing other tasks..and why is it leaving a big black box spanning half my screen though?  (not the program itself but stuck on my desktop in background) Never started doing this until version 9

Barcrest

Quote from: steviaceevia on October 27, 2015, 03:15:10 PM

Ok....yea that makes sense for people running it on touch screen jukeboxes, but be ideal for someone like me who uses it all day for playing music on my laptop while going online and doing other tasks..and why is it leaving a big black box spanning half my screen though?  (not the program itself but stuck on my desktop in background) Never started doing this until version 9

Do you have the second screen enabled? If so then I think it is part of that showing.

Jukebox Stats...

steviaceevia

Quote from: Barcrest on October 28, 2015, 12:15:51 PM

Do you have the second screen enabled? If so then I think it is part of that showing.

"Show added to queue on second screen" was checked so I unchecked it & I also changed "use second monitor for all" to "videos only" Looks like that could be it

Barcrest

Quote from: steviaceevia on October 28, 2015, 08:08:28 PM
Quote from: Barcrest on October 28, 2015, 12:15:51 PM

"Show added to queue on second screen" was checked so I unchecked it & I also changed "use second monitor for all" to "videos only" Looks like that could be it

Cool, hope fully sorted.

Jukebox Stats...