Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Animation settings

Started by coffee, February 23, 2010, 11:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffee

Barry
I want to use the page animations for the album screen in the new skins but it seems sluggish. If you set it up the albums completely dissapear for a second or two before it animate back again.
Where does that black image come from that appears when there is a page transition? Can I skin that image and it there a way to change the time that image stays there before it goes back to albums?
I'm not sure if it is maybe a large collection that is responsible for this. Without the animations it also take about a second to go to the next page but I think it is the fact that my collection is stored on a network drive maybe.

Barcrest

Is the network hard wired? If so then that shouldn't cause too much of a problem. I have had sluggish animations when using fan art but this has only been on PC's that do not have a powerful graphics card. That black image you see I believe is the null image in the skin tool.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

QuoteThat black image you see I believe is the null image in the skin tool.
You're correct. Can you maybe come up with something better for this?
I wanted to make the null image a bit bigger and write "search" vertically on one side so it will give the user a nice effect when pageing throu the albums but this will not work as it is now.

One more thing. If I use Page Transitions the page will appear for the side of the page. Now if I move a small "search choose" part(600x400) to the centre of the page and use the transitions the animation will travel all the way from the side to the centre. Can you just have it move into the window(600x400) alone starting on the side of the window?

Barcrest

Quote from: coffee on February 23, 2010, 01:27:22 PM
QuoteThat black image you see I believe is the null image in the skin tool.
You're correct. Can you maybe come up with something better for this?
I wanted to make the null image a bit bigger and write "search" vertically on one side so it will give the user a nice effect when pageing throu the albums but this will not work as it is now.

One more thing. If I use Page Transitions the page will appear for the side of the page. Now if I move a small "search choose" part(600x400) to the centre of the page and use the transitions the animation will travel all the way from the side to the centre. Can you just have it move into the window(600x400) alone starting on the side of the window?

It has to come in from the side of the screen as it doesn't know wher eit has been called from and the position of that window that called it. There probably could be code added to enable that but it's a big change that is bound to break things and cause issues.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...