Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Simple Bar top

Started by TeamTEOR, November 07, 2009, 12:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeamTEOR

I am making a simple bar top cab for use with my touch screen LCD and a small keyboard. The end use will be for a Jukebox in my living room. I have a party next Sunday, and I want to have it complete in time for it.

I spent the afternoon from about noon to 4:15pm working on it.  I used 5/8" particle board and it was put together to with wood glue and a pneumatic nail gun shooting 1.5 inch brad nails. It was given a primary sand job with a orbital sander, and then I shot it with white sealer followed by gray primer. I need to pick up some filler to clean up all of the placed where the brads were shot into, to fill in some missing wood in the back, and also to fill in all of the little holes every where along the sides. I will then sand it again and then prime it again this time in white. The final color will be in white gloss enamel.

The monitor is a NEC 15 inch touch screen. The computer will be a 1.8ghz-2.0ghz board with 1-2 gig of memory depending one what I end up using from my spare computers here at home. Jukebox software will be Freebox 5.0.22+. I have a lighted keyboard to help keep things simple for other people who do not like to use touchscreen keyboards on smaller monitors. After the holidays I will change monitors and install a joystick to give my son his own arcade machine and rebuild my Jukebox into something cooler.

Anyway, enough chatting, here are the pics. Feel free to let me know what you think.
Tom

fordman

I like it!  :D

Although I'm not a big fan of bartops because they take away bartop space. I'm an arcade-jukebox 'stand-alone' guy plus the stand-alones help fill the rec area and people can spread out a little.

For the design, it looks GREAT!

Keep the pics coming!

:beer

Fordman