Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

touchscreen problems

Started by thefonz848, November 08, 2011, 09:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefonz848

I'm having alittle situation with the touchscreens on my jukeboxes, customers are telling me that they are freezing up frecuently,they touch the screen and nothing happens,so they turn off the jukebox for a few minutes turn it back on and it starts working again,usually this happens at night after the jukebox has been on for a few hours.I'm using HP L2105 lcd touchscreen monitors.Is it possible that Etouch is not compatible with this monitor?Any help?

bzpilot

More than likely not an E-Touch issue.

Sounds like a driver/hardware issue.  What operating system are you using?  What version of Touchscreen drivers are you using?

thefonz848

Really?But if its driver/hardware problems how come they can work all day and start acting up at night or a few hours after start up?Im using xp and the drivers the monitors comes with.

coffee

Is it an infrared or SAW touchscreen? Saw may cause this problem. Check the sides to see there is nothing that can touch the screen.
Also check any other input devices like I-PAC's, keyboards and mouses as it may also be caused by a key getting stuck when the temprature drops.

Barcrest

Quote from: thefonz848 on November 09, 2011, 04:35:28 AM
Really?But if its driver/hardware problems how come they can work all day and start acting up at night or a few hours after start up?Im using xp and the drivers the monitors comes with.

Same questions could be asked about E-Touch, I assume it runs E-Touch during the day too. Not sure why the screen is not working. Are you sure it's just the screen that doesn't work? Have you had a mouse or keyboard hooked up when this happens to confirm that the whole machine hasn't locked up.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

thefonz848

I'll have to verify all these suggestions, but I'm almost positive that I've use a mouse while the touchscreen is frozen,but not sure I'll try that.And yes,that jukebox runs Etouch all day.Thanks I'll get back to you.

Barcrest

If the computer hasn't locked up and a mouse still works and E-Touch still works then it does sound like a driver issue. Always worth checking you have the latest drivers installed anyway.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

_Tommie_

This kinda touchscreen uses optical sensors to 'see' your finger. We use a similar screen. There is a
'small' problem with that; if a fly (yes, the Musca domestica) sits somewhere on the screen, that point
acts as if its touched, hence blocking the rest of the screen being used.
Seen it happen alot lately.
It could be just that happening too, a fly sitting somewhere on the warm cosey screen in a corner.
Greetz Tommie