Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

What is best format for folders?

Started by ssmorol, October 09, 2012, 07:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssmorol

Just trying to see what everyone thinks is the best way.
I currently have mine as a folder for artist, folder for album, and then the songs are in that folder. 
Is there a better way?  Where should the album art be stored?  I am not even sure where it is now.

Thanks.

ecbrad

That is the best way. Album art should exist in each albums folder. Front is called cover.jpg and back is called back.jpg

Cheers,
brad

Barcrest

Quote from: ecbrad on October 09, 2012, 09:11:40 PM
That is the best way. Album art should exist in each albums folder. Front is called cover.jpg and back is called back.jpg

Cheers,
brad

I use an additional 170 x 170 image called coversmall.jpg which helps speed up the album paging.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

acejas

you could go one step further and have a a folder for genre then have what you suggested.

works a treat and you dont have to be anal and have 100 genres. Just makes it easy to drill down for what you are looking for. I have roughly 30. Yes sometimes when youre looking for something you might have to look in another genre (ie i have rock pop, rock, rock metal) but for something like xmas songs or reggae or blues its a lot easier than scrolling 300 artists.

Barcrest

Quote from: acejas on October 11, 2012, 05:04:22 AM
you could go one step further and have a a folder for genre then have what you suggested.

works a treat and you dont have to be anal and have 100 genres. Just makes it easy to drill down for what you are looking for. I have roughly 30. Yes sometimes when youre looking for something you might have to look in another genre (ie i have rock pop, rock, rock metal) but for something like xmas songs or reggae or blues its a lot easier than scrolling 300 artists.

I do keep my christmas albums in a seperate sub folder called christmas. It is easier to skip those when i don't want them which is 90% of the time. You can black list a genere in E-Touch anyway to hide them but it is just easier to keep those seperate. The only other album types i do this with is soundtracks and compilation albums.

Jukebox Stats...

ecbrad

Good idea Jas, although as your well aware I'm not a huge stickler for genre.

Actually it HAS come up recently. My juke is copping a flogging at home lately as my wife has finally discovered radio mode. The only issue is that the algorithm appears to try to even song selection between genres and if you only have 3 CD's in a particular genre you will hear those songs a lot.

Barry is there a way to have it select from say the most popular songs rather than from explicit genres?

If not I'm going to have to REALLY tweak my genre tags =/

Cheers,
Brad

Barcrest

Quote from: ecbrad on October 11, 2012, 10:21:29 PM
Good idea Jas, although as your well aware I'm not a huge stickler for genre.

Actually it HAS come up recently. My juke is copping a flogging at home lately as my wife has finally discovered radio mode. The only issue is that the algorithm appears to try to even song selection between genres and if you only have 3 CD's in a particular genre you will hear those songs a lot.

Barry is there a way to have it select from say the most popular songs rather than from explicit genres?

If not I'm going to have to REALLY tweak my genre tags =/

Cheers,
Brad

Hmmm are you refing ot the random play mode? If so you can specify all sorts of options in there. The boxes next to each option are the weighting for that selection.

You can have it pick from most played at 70 and audio at 30. You will have a 70% - 30% split then between it picking from most played or the full audio library. You can also add options to not repeat an artist or track for X songs.

If you want a more in depth rundown on this let me know.

Jukebox Stats...

ecbrad

Thanks Barry. I didn't realise you could adjust the weighting so that's awesome!

Cheers,
Brad

gfly3

I'm still trying to figure out the proper way to do the NOW compilation series folders .. Lets say you have NOW Vol. 1 thru Vol. 10... What's the best way for that many ? A folder named NOW with separate sub folders Vol. 1 thru Vol. 10 in it ? Or is there a better way ...
I finally have all my artists done proper, and really don't know what to do with these ...
Always do sober what you said youd do drunk , that will teach you to keep your mouth shut ......

Norman Marshall

Quote from: gfly3 on December 15, 2012, 12:26:49 PM
I'm still trying to figure out the proper way to do the NOW compilation series folders .. Lets say you have NOW Vol. 1 thru Vol. 10... What's the best way for that many ? A folder named NOW with separate sub folders Vol. 1 thru Vol. 10 in it ? Or is there a better way ...
I finally have all my artists done proper, and really don't know what to do with these ...

I have all my Now's in there own folder as Now 1, Now 2, Now3 and so on, If you have videos for these nows make sure when you tag them, you tag them with the artist name the same as the album name or the will pop up as various artist in the album view
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

gfly3

Thanks Glenn ! Gonna have to do some work on them to get them up to speed ..
Always do sober what you said youd do drunk , that will teach you to keep your mouth shut ......