Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Griffin Powermate Tutorial

Started by fordman, May 03, 2009, 03:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fordman

Hello All  ;D,

I made a tutorial for installing the Griffin Powermate. I'm not going to repost the tutorial here on the E-Touch but provide a link to the BYOAC site. Since the Griffin Powermate isnt really an E-Touch needed product, but I know alot of E-touch users have one and have had the same 85% reliability issues. So far, after using my tutorial, I have had 100% success with my Griffin Powermate

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=92052.0 <-- Griffin Powermate Tutorial

I hope this helps those that use the Griffin Powermate and those who want to!  :beer

Fordman

Barcrest

Saw the tutorial dude, nice write up. Don't suppose you fancy doing some write ups simular to that for the tutorial section of the forum do you?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

fordman

I can try to do that for E-Touch.  ;D

I bought 2 of the Powermates at retail and just thought that $45.00ea (US) was just TOO high of a price to pay for something to only work 85% of the time. Then I went google spelunking about the reliability issue and found the forum that kinda gave me the answer I needed on google search page like 46 (most would have given up on page 3 or 4). I'll have to look through my History to find the forum name.

I was going to do a mini 'How to get E-touch' started write up soon anyway. I am going to make it kinda like the fold-out you get when you buy a new printer or something like that. Show how and where to store your music, video, karaoke; the folder structure; make sure the ID3 & non-mp3 tags are correct and the basic setup to get at least one of each type of media to work. It may take a week or so to do it and I can host the images on one of the few websites that I maintain ( I have a couple of websites that gets little to no traffic except the pics that I host, the website owners have no clue and probably wouldnt care anyway).

BTW, your latest release seems to be the most stable one yet!  ;D  :beer

Fordman

Barcrest

Cheers dude, I am really happy with the latest release. I think there a couple of bugs but they don't crash the thing they are just how things work really. I am going to try and do some code tidying up this week just to try and tidy up the whole thing before i look at adding anything else. So the next release might not look any different from the current one but behind the scenes will be ready for new features.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...